Webwide is an inclusive long-form discussion board community for web designers, developers and makers. We're united by a passion for creating on the web and supporting our industry community.
We welcome members from all around the world, however Webwide is an English-language platform and all posts must be in inteligable (not neccesarily perfect!) English.
The Webwide team and wider community are committed to providing a friendly, safe and inclusive space for all members of the web community to learn, share and network regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by members include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
In general, the web community is a community of creators and the Webwide platform aims to create a space where members are able to show off their hard work. However, there must be some limitations to this to prevent abuse of this openness and keep the community healthy.
- Members are free to post (in an appropriate forum) their own educational, thought-provoking, discussion-provoking or entertaining content that provides value to the community.
- Members are free to post directly about their own projects for the purposes of promotion and community input in the 'Project Showcase' forum. This is limited to one thread per project (up to one additional thread allowed to announce a launch of a previous thread marked in development).
- When posting for the sole purpose of selling products or services, this must only be done in the 'For Hire & Marketplace' forum. Posting in this forum requires at least 10 posts elsewhere.
- Posting in somebody elses thread to promote your own content or services is not allowed unless the thread owner has specifically requested it.
- Contacting users directly via direct message or their listed social details for commercial purposes is STRICTLY PROHIBITED unless they have asked you specifically to do so.
- Medium and other centralised 'blog' platform links are discouraged but not strictly disallowed.
- We kindly ask that you do not promote competing communities on the platform.
Referral & Affiliate Links
Referral/affiliate links (where you earn a small kickback for recommending somebody a product) are permitted only in response to threads specifically asking for recommendations and only as part of a sincere honest recommendation. You must make clear that the link you are providing is a referral/affiliate link. Otherwise, they are not allowed.
The Webwide admins and moderation team are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable
behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in
response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
The Webwide admins and moderation team have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or
reject threads, posts, messages and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or
permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate,
threatening, offensive, or harmful.
This Code of Conduct applies within all commmunity spaces including this forum and social media channels, and it also applies when
an individual is representing the project or its community in public spaces.
Examples of representing a project or community include using an official
project e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting
as an appointed representative at an online or offline event.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be
reported by using the platforms 'report' function (ideally) or contacting the moderation team at [email protected] All
complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that
is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.