Your worst vacancies

Your worst vacancies

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
20:29
Pronouns
he/him

Today I got another Instagram vacancy as and had a brainfuck.

The image stated "webdeveloper" - my first question was: "What is a web developer?" Do they mean frontend, backend, fullstack, app, api or what?

The website added "PHP/JS" - so okay, it's fullstack for websites, shops and so on.

The requirements added AI (openCV, tesseract), WordPress, Laravel, Typo3, App (Android/iOS & ionic). So they want a full fullstack dev who can create custom post type and theme for WordPress to an tesseract powered AI backend for an app!? 😱🤯

For sure I've worked with all them already - at home, during a boring weekend, creating a to-do list. 😂
But I would never run for a job where I have to do all of this. And pretty sure but even a company offering all of this ...

What are your worst vacancies you've found or were introduced to by a recruiter?

Last edited:

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
19:29
Pronouns
he/him

So they want a full fullstack dev who can create custom post type and theme for WordPress to an tesseract powered AI backend for an app!? 😱🤯
😂 Well I think we can all agree they deserve to learn the hard way with ridiculous requirements like that. Either they get no applicants or applicants for people under-qualified. Ridiculous requirements are often surefire signs of a cheapskate or misguided company that are not even worth your time trying to argue the requirements with!

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
20:29
Pronouns
he/him

😂 Well I think we can all agree they deserve to learn the hard way with ridiculous requirements like that. Either they get no applicants or applicants for people under-qualified. Ridiculous requirements are often surefire signs of a cheapskate or misguided company that are not even worth your time trying to argue the requirements with!
Because I'm 100% backend & Laravel only my space for discussion is pretty small. It's like "is lumen still Laravel?". 😂
But it's crazy what you find if you check some vacations. 🙈