Your Dream Product

Your Dream Product

jarod_peachey

Local time
20:57

OK, so I'm trying to think of a product that I can develop that would help other developers or other people in general. But I'm getting stuck on what to build.

So, here's my question. What's a product or service you would LOVE to have, but isn't something that's available at the moment?

Be as specific or vague as you want, I'm just trying to brainstorm some ideas.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
02:57
Pronouns
he/him

Found this one

And would like to adjust it a bit. My major problem with music is that I'm not limited to a genre or artist but things like "attributes". I think someone here did a movie recommendation platform based on your ratings. How about a service that analyses my Spotify playlists, ratings and possibly even playtimes and do real/good recommendations!?
I think that it would need something like soundanalysis and any AI to do a better job than Spotify itself. In super perfect best case I could even say that I like 0:00-1:20 of this song but dislike 1:20-2:50 of it. Because some songs change a lot or are some kind of mixtape.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

And a second one would be totally developer related and in best case open source or with a free plan for public repos - even if it's, hopefully, only really used for open source repos. 😅

If a project starts to get momentum the number of issues rises and a lot of them are easy issues who's writers are only too lazy to read the docs.
A bot that "understands" the comment, knows the docs and if there's something related in the docs it answers with a short text and a link to the docs section. That would be super helpful! 💙🎉

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Local time

An AI system that matches people who are looking for designers with a specific style to the matching designers based on their previous work.
Eg. you post screenshots of designs that you like and would like to get a designer who does specifically that. The AI system analyzes the designs you posted with the designs of designers in the database and tries to find matches.

I tried finding designers that did some non-usual work, but was unable to find them as the tagging of the designs I found wasn't as straight forward as I expected.

jarod_peachey

Local time
20:57

Awesome ideas! I love the repo bot that scans through docs (or previous issues) and replies! That would be sweet!

The design matching system would be awesome as well! I think that would be super cool! I'll look into both of those (although I might need assistance on the AI part of either of those 😅)

Tobby

Local time
01:57

A bot that helps simplify things for platforms that have very huge user base.

Last edited: