Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

In Progress 🤩 XenForo 2.2 Forum Updates

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 09:51
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Hi everyone! Not as many quickfire updates recently. I am currently holding out for XenForo 2.2 which should be launching very soon. This will bring:
As soon as this is out, I'll be able to ensure all the latest styles are compatible and roll this out ASAP. I am really excited about the positive additions. They don't give specific dates until launched, but it will be very soon. I will keep you all posted! :-)

Last edited:
Reactions: avena

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:51
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
It's still WYSIWYG so what has been improved?^^
Have they fixed the jumping cursor? Speed up the emoji finder (Rocket to the rescue)? Fixed some issues when backend validation fails without any reason and rejects posting until going into WYSIWYG mode and back? 🤔

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
It's still WYSIWYG so what has been improved?^^
Have they fixed the jumping cursor? Speed up the emoji finder (Rocket to the rescue)? Fixed some issues when backend validation fails without any reason and rejects posting until going into WYSIWYG mode and back? 🤔
Yes better emoji picker and much smoother experience with more reliable cursors and mobile support. This is a major version upgrade of the existing one that I've not heard any complaints about so looking forward to those improvements!

It'll also give me the scope to add better markdown support with a permanent toggle to remove unnecessary options for those that would prefer to use Markdown by default. I wanted to add to this one but holding off since will have to do all over again for new version!

Last edited:
  • Hot
Reactions: Gummibeer

RobinHood

Reaction score
Credits
They took away the preview button text, and then put it back again. They should ditch the text again to clean it up. Once you figure out where the button is you don't need the text to spell it out for you every time.

I think they need to ditch the quick insert button too, can't see a way they'll make it useful enough to warrant the intrusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
They took away the preview button text, and then put it back again. They should ditch the text again to clean it up. Once you figure out where the button is you don't need the text to spell it out for you every time.

I think they need to ditch the quick insert button too, can't see a way they'll make it useful enough to warrant the intrusion.
Totally agree on the quick insert. I'll be removing that as soon as I get my hands on it!

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Public beta released today! I will be setting up a test site to build the new functionality out and launch the moment it is stable. It comes with improved article functionality which has the potential to replace the currently in-development Webwide blog. We'll see. Will keep you posted!

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Upcoming Article Thread Types will form the foundation of the blog: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/article-thread-and-forum-updates-and-improvements.183723/ in conjunction with the tagging system which will be repurposed for blog use only giving all users the opportunity to contribute (with approval) and be featured on a more prominent feed. Canonical URL support will be provided for those wishing to republish.

Thread types including questions, discussions, polls and articles will allow for greater thread customisation and much much improved Q&A system: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/thread-type-tools.183720/

Giphy integration brings inline GIF search and posting: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/giphy-integration-image-proxy-bypass-and-audio-uploads.183721/

Audio uploads also available but not sure how much use we would get out of those.

Beta 2 launched today. Since we're a relatively small community, I am very impatient and capable of fixing minor bugs if needed it is likely I will go live with a RC given that there are no known security issues (unlikely seeing as that it is a, although feature packed, minor release and they are using it themselves on the XenForo community).

Very very excited about the possibilities this all unlocks to really take the platform to the next level. This will also be some great fuel as a 'V2' for some fresh promotion and community building.

Last edited:
  • Cheer

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Assuming the busy XenForo forum continues to run fine on this version, you can expect these changes live by the end of August. I know how much we all hate 'soon'! Unfortunately that's all the timeline I was given too by XF devs but there does not seem to be any breaking complaints about Beta on multiple busier forums so far. 😄

Last edited: