Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

Would love to hear your thoughts on my new website

p_przylucki

Reaction score
Credits
Hello guys!
I would really appreciate any feedback regarding my agency's new website.

Here's the link

It's built using Gatsby.js and TailwindCSS.

Tbh, I'm really proud of the homepage, but I think the subpages need a little bit more love, I would love to hear what do you think!

Reactions: Gummibeer

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:55
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
I haven't read all the texts, only a quick click through on smartphone.
From UI/graphics perspective: it's cool! 🚀🎉

The real only thing, I've always asked myself, why highlight the techstack on frontpage? 😱
I never had a customer: we need a Laravel app. For keyword ranking and so on it could be good to list and use these words. But on frontpage? Even if I like your stack! 😉

p_przylucki

Reaction score
Credits
I haven't read all the texts, only a quick click through on smartphone.
From UI/graphics perspective: it's cool! 🚀🎉

The real only thing, I've always asked myself, why highlight the techstack on frontpage? 😱
I never had a customer: we need a Laravel app. For keyword ranking and so on it could be good to list and use these words. But on frontpage? Even if I like your stack! 😉

Actually, I'd say it's pretty important to our business. Besides typical projects we do outsourcing, so it's quite beneficial if a potential customer can quickly see if we match.

But I'd love to hear your thoughts on what in your opinion would be a better thing to showcase?

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 09:55
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Welcome @p_przylucki!

Overall I think the design is nice and clean. Love the colour and lots of the nice little design flourishes.

The homepage is clear and if you are targeting a more technical-savvy client then it works well.

The services page is almost an exact clone of the homepage, so this seems a bit odd.

Because the subpage headings don't match their page titles it is a little confusing what page I'm on. Perhaps it would be nice to have the actual page title in the header somewhere, even if it is a bit smaller. They all kind of look like home/landing pages.

My biggest criticism would be that the text in English is quite abrupt and seems a little cold/unfriendly at times. Just little things like "Attention!", "We're not interested in", "Did you make up your mind?" etc. seem to be at odds to me with the generally warm and friendly design.

I am personally not a fan of the illustration style on the homepage, it is very overdone, but I think I am in a minority there as it is very popular! The ones on the sub-pages which have faces are an improvement, they have more personality and character.

Reactions: Gummibeer

p_przylucki

Reaction score
Credits
Welcome @p_przylucki!

Overall I think the design is nice and clean. Love the colour and lots of the nice little design flourishes.

The homepage is clear and if you are targeting a more technical-savvy client then it works well.

The services page is almost an exact clone of the homepage, so this seems a bit odd.

Because the subpage headings don't match their page titles it is a little confusing what page I'm on. Perhaps it would be nice to have the actual page title in the header somewhere, even if it is a bit smaller. They all kind of look like home/landing pages.

My biggest criticism would be that the text in English is quite abrupt and seems a little cold/unfriendly at times. Just little things like "Attention!", "We're not interested in", "Did you make up your mind?" etc. seem to be at odds to me with the generally warm and friendly design.

I am personally not a fan of the illustration style on the homepage, it is very overdone, but I think I am in a minority there as it is very popular! The ones on the sub-pages which have faces are an improvement, they have more personality and character.
Hi there, @Adam !

I think that's a fair point, at the moment we'll be focusing on redoing our copy and subpages as they don't really bring much value to the visitor.

Regarding the homepage illustration - I think everyone's taste is different and we really do like it!

About the "technical-savvy" client -we felt like the homepage is quite balanced between someone who just has their idea and wants it turned into an app and someone who is looking outsourcing in a specific stack. Do you have any ideas that could tilt the scales back to balance, if you think it's now leaning more towards the technical one?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:55
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
Actually, I'd say it's pretty important to our business. Besides typical projects we do outsourcing, so it's quite beneficial if a potential customer can quickly see if we match.

But I'd love to hear your thoughts on what in your opinion would be a better thing to showcase?
If your target usergroup will need the stack info everything is cool.
Like always: do what your audience needs/wants. 😉