• LastPass

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Dashlane

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Dominic

Local time
05:47

I am pretty happy with 1Password. Use it all the time. Can't imagine a life without a password manager :)

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I am pretty happy with 1Password. Use it all the time. Can't imagine a life without a password manager :)
Do I have to pay for 1Password? Or is it only for the cloud sync and I can use it without? Atm I use Keepass with gDrive sync - would this be possible with 1Password?

Dominic

Local time

I had to pay, I guess that is still the case ;). I think they switched the pricing model to subscription which I don't like. I still have an old licence, so...

Dominic

Local time

But I found password managers so important that it's well spent money. Is there a free solution which works well?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

For me it's Keepass and Dropbox/gDrive. For me the benefit is that it's open source, there are a lot of clients. So you aren't tied to one company and it's a public described file format.
And with your regular cloud storage you can access it from everywhere and every device.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

Dashlane is missing 😄

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

Thank you very much! 😊

fbnlsr

Local time

For me it's Keepass and Dropbox/gDrive. For me the benefit is that it's open source, there are a lot of clients. So you aren't tied to one company and it's a public described file format.
And with your regular cloud storage you can access it from everywhere and every device.

I had a lot of problems accessing my KeePassXC vault (which was stored on Google Drive) on my Android device. That's why I changed provider for Bitwarden.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I had a lot of problems accessing my KeePassXC vault (which was stored on Google Drive) on my Android device. That's why I changed provider for Bitwarden.
For me it works like a charm. 😲 It creates a local backup for offline access and loads newer versions from gDrive if internet is available.

nick

Gold Member
Local time
20:47
Pronouns
he/him

I use Apple’s keychain. As long as you use Apple devices and products, it’s amazing. If you don’t, well... it’s not really an option.

fbnlsr

Local time

That's why I chose a third-party solution. My work computer is a mac, but I hate being enforced to use a single environment. Besides I have a gaming PC and I use a bunch of Linux VMs. 😄

Stuart

Local time
04:47

Yea, 1Password for me. Seems to work well on all devices and syncs via iCloud which is also good. Also, the password generator and browser extension prompts seem to work nicely enough.

I’ve also been pushing my friends towards using a password manager— it seems like a tough job though. Trying to educate the average person that they shouldn’t know their passwords is a hard one!

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I’ve also been pushing my friends towards using a password manager— it seems like a tough job though. Trying to educate the average person that they shouldn’t know their passwords is a hard one!
I've finished this job for my mother and girlfriend. That's enough for me. And now they are happy and think about how it worked without one. 😅

Michael

😎
Local time

I use 1Password… Have done for ages, and I can't imagine time without it. Also, it's stopped me logging into random places (eg. computers in Apple Stores), as the passwords are so random for most of the services, so I've got that for added security 😅

Last edited:

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

One thing that's pretty annoying when using a password manager with 2FA (in my case Dashlane) is, that you have to input your 2FA code first, then confirm with fingerprint or faceid and only afterwards you're able to see the credentials in the password manager or use the password manager to create new passwords.

Does anyone else have this or is there a solution that I only have to use fingerprint or faceid without the 2FA code every time?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

The moment you only use fingerprint you weaken your password storage. Because you remove the second auth part.
That's why it's not possible because in this case you remove the 2FA part and again trust only a single credential.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

That makes sense, yeah. Thanks! 😊

Daniel

Local time

I use 1Password for my current job but I'm indifferent about using one tbh, although I probably should use one as I intend to start using passwords that are 16 chars randomized with 4 numbers.