Which one do you prefer? Xamarin, Ionic, React Native or NativeScript

Which one do you prefer? Xamarin, Ionic, React Native or NativeScript

jonatasu

Local time
03:12

Hi,

I'm developing a multi-platform app (Android, iOS and PWA) and I wanna develop a MVP fast as possible so I'm gonna choose Ionic as a kick-off. But I wanna know from you guys, which framework do you prefer, which one is the best one for a multi-platform app? and why?

Thank you!

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time
08:12

Hey!

We're using React Native in our office for apps. It greatly depends on your preferred programming language, as there are many different frameworks for different languages.

What's your preferred programming language?

jonatasu

Local time

Hey!

We're using React Native in our office for apps. It greatly depends on your preferred programming language, as there are many different frameworks for different languages.

What's your preferred programming language?

I'm a old front-end developer, so I didn't have a programming school as JAVA or C... and I'm learning JS as a programming language, it's hard, but I'm loving it. I'm learning VueJS... I don't know if I can say that JS is a programming language, but this is what I'm investing on for the moment.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I would only recommend react native or the real native one because all the others only create a better browser. 😔

That's at least my last information.

27leaves

Local time

I've used ionic for a very long time now. Cannot speak for react native, but as PWA it does a great job. I heard that they now even released stable react support (formerly it was only possible to use it with angular)

What I will probably dive into soon is flutter. This is the most promising app framework for me right now 😊

jonatasu

Local time

I've used ionic for a very long time now. Cannot speak for react native, but as PWA it does a great job. I heard that they now even released stable react support (formerly it was only possible to use it with angular)

What I will probably dive into soon is flutter. This is the most promising app framework for me right now 😊

Wow, thanks @27leaves, maybe I'll bother you about some Ionic issues in the future, hahaha...

carlosrovira

Local time

Hi,

I'm using and developing Apache Royale. A new technology that can output HTML/JS/CSS and other options (hope WASM in the future). It comes from Apache Flex programing model that was so successful in the past. So the languages used are AS3 and MXML.
We are very happy with our first Application due to the amazing performance and the productivity it offers.
Also the concepts in the framwork like Strand/Beads or PAYG (Pay-as-you-go) makes it brings fresh air to modern development.

You can see more here: Apache Royale™ - Code once. Run everywhere.

27leaves

Local time

Oh nice! I used to develop in as3 and flex, did not know that it still exists! I loved it!

carlosrovira

Local time

Oh nice! I used to develop in as3 and flex, did not know that it still exists! I loved it!

We tried to get the essence of AS3 and MXML and combine with the essence of HTML/JS/CSS so we get best of both worlds. Hope we get something very cool and maybe something that could be the next trend in front end technology (hope! :))

Hope you could try and let us know what you think :)

Thanks!