Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
01:03
Pronouns
he/him

I would like to know where you host your pages. And what it is that you host there - static page, blog, shop, app, api ...

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I use Azure VPS to host a web app and another one for all my side projects I host that are nearly static pages.

mpboom

Local time

Some of them over on Netlify, but for my non-static projects I use a VPS at DigitalOcean.

Evan

Wordpress / Divi / Avada / Oxygen
Local time
19:03

90% of our websites are hosted on Siteground (shared server). We use Cloudways for our bigger sites, and typically go with the DigitalOcean option.

kognise

Local time
19:03
Pronouns
He/him/his

I host all my sites on Now.sh, I love everything about it and sites hosted on it are super fast and scalable. As a second option, especially for static sites on GitHub, I'll use Netlify. Anything that's much more complex I'll host on a Google Cloud or DigitalOcean VPS.

m1guelpf

18-year-old maker
Local time
02:03
Pronouns
he, him

I use Digitalocean or Google Cloud for my apps, and Netlify for static sites or blogs (with Sitesauce 😉)

Last edited:

chrismroberts

Local time
00:03

I’ve been using Azure App Service for a long time now, always happy with it. However I’m deploying more and more Vue apps so I’ll now build and run them in Netlify.

If they need an API I’ll still run that in Azure... but I’ve been looking at Digital Ocean droplets this week for NodeJS applications. A lot cheaper than App Service and I like the flexibility of having proper shell access 🙂

chrismroberts

Local time
00:03

Also, I’ve now used the Netlify functions (Lambda wrapper) in anger and very impressed... for a lot of use cases I think that’s all you may need?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

@chrismroberts I use the azure vps and they are cheap and reliable as ***.
Haven't had a single incident in 2 years now. And I like azure for it's cheap prices, compared to AWS/Google and the whole cloud service options: blob storage, CDN, DBaaS ...

Never want to switch back to normal VPS! And haven't had a project for container deployments yet.