Whats up!

Whats up!

Jhechtf

Local time
17:05

Greetings everybody!

My name is Jhecht and I am a full-stack developer. I've been working with the web since approximately 2001. I started on the traditional stack at the time: LAMP. I branched out after that and now work just about anywhere from "Full Stack" to "System Administrator." At my current company I am a Front-End Engineer, and at my previous I was a DevOps Engineers / Front End Developer responsible for moving a system from the Heroku to AWS, including setup of the private VPC, Aurora / RDS instances, and dockerizing the entire system for use with ECS.

Basically: I'm a great big nerd, and I'm happy to be among other nerds. I worked as a mathematics teacher for ~3 years so I love the opportunity to share my knowledge / give feedback.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time
01:05

Heya and welcome @Jhechtf !
Wow that sounds like an awesome combination. Frontend and devops. While migrating, did you go with Fargate or normal ECS instances?

Welcome to webwide! 😊

Jhechtf

Local time
17:05

Heya and welcome @Jhechtf !
Wow that sounds like an awesome combination. Frontend and devops. While migrating, did you go with Fargate or normal ECS instances?

Welcome to webwide! 😊

We went back and forth with some tests and found that for this particular use case it made more sense for the web server itself (it was an RoR app) that the normal ECS instances worked better, but for our worker packages that Fargate was easier for us to do what we needed.