What project management software do you use?

What project management software do you use?

Evan

Wordpress / Divi / Avada / Oxygen
Local time
19:11

At my job it's a bit of a mixed bag since we were previously our own company and used Baescamp, then merged with another company that uses Clients & Profits, which will eventually be replaced by Advantage in November.

Overall Basecamp is great if all you need it for is project management. They key, as is usually the case with most PM software, is making sure everyone uses it properly. It has pretty much everything we need other than a time-tracking feature, though there are third party addons that do this apparently. It's nice being able to bring in the client and communicate with us, upload media files, 'ping' us if they have a question, etc. You can limit their access as well, obviously. Sadly our PM left a year or so ago, so there's no one there to actually assign tasks to employees, set due dates, reminders, etc. We use parts of Basecamp, but not to its fullest extent.

C&P on the other hand just feels so archaic. It's an actual app on your computer so it isn't web-based (though soon will be). It has time tracking which is nice, but that's really the only good thing I can say about it. I think the accounting department enjoys it more, since you can set project budgets and what-not.

Michael

😎
Local time
00:11

I guess the answer depends mostly on what you mean by "project management software" … Ultimately there are a few parts based on your message, and we use a few different tools:

Client communications: Basecamp
Tasks/Kanban Boards: YouTrack (by JetBrains)
Time Tracking: Our company financial system - Xero - with the projects addon.
Scheduling: Float

Like you, we don't use all the parts of Basecamp, we use it mostly for the central messaging so that people on the team don't get emails from clients and forget to CC others or inform others of what's happening etc.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
01:11
Pronouns
he/him

I will keep up the structure. This is our setup

Client communications:

Tasks/Kanban Boards:
private: company: Jira | Issue & Project Tracking Software | Atlassian
GameJam: Trello
Time Tracking: none
Scheduling: Google Sheets: Free Online Spreadsheets for Personal Use

fbnlsr

Local time

I do everything with Toggl (free tier). It allows me to track how much time I spend on each project, and that's enough to handle my billing.

fuzenco

Local time
19:11

I’ve been an ardent user of Quip for years. I work directly with end-customers in branding and other design work, so my tools are meant to give them a bird’s eye view of what I’m up to and to allow them to communicate on specifics—not a blank canvas for general discussions. In Quip, discussions center around documents (primarily). And it gives me a place to write ideas, project thoughts, and tasks that should be considered or are in the pipeline.

ek1

Local time
21:11
Pronouns
She/her

I also use Toggl. I use Slack/Discord for other team-based discussion stuff but where I'm a team of one I just use Toggl.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

Company: Slack + Jira + Bitbucket + TimeTac
At home: (Slack + Rocketchat) + Zepel.io + Gitlab + Pen and Paper (yes, a real pen and paper for timetracking 😅)

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Company: Slack + Jira + Bitbucket + TimeTac
At home: (Slack + Rocketchat) + Zepel.io + Gitlab + Pen and Paper (yes, a real pen and paper for timetracking 😅)
How happy are you with bitbucket and all the service interruptions in the last time? 🤔 I have to find reasons to switch to GitHub. 😅

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

I‘m very unhappy. But our partner company uses it so we have to use it either.
We are using Github for our own projects.
For myself there‘s only my self hosted gitlab server 😁

aravindajith

Local time
05:41

We have been using ActiveCollab for over 4 years. It has all the features we need to manage projects, communicate with clients, track time, and even generate invoices and estimates.

What I love most about is how the team keeps improving the tool without killing it with more features.