What frameworks do you use and why?

What frameworks do you use and why?

Dynamic

Local time
22:35

Any programming language welcome!

Personally, I'm an avid user of Laravel. I love it's simplicity of use, features and the wealth of community packages built for it. I find it helps me build what I need in a timely manner and allows to prototype quickly over new ideas.

nick

Gold Member
Local time
19:35
Pronouns
he/him

I’ve heard great things about Laravel. I don’t use PHP much but that’s about the only reason I haven’t used it.

I primarily use Django with Python which I understand is similar. It’s always good to have 1 way to do most things in a project to help you get things done quicker.

Django looks like it will start supporting asyncio/coroutines soon with 3.0 as well!

koehr

Local time
04:35

In the Web Frontend I prefer Vuejs for serious projects and I think Svelte looks fantastic as well (but only used it for paid work once). In the Web Backend I love to use small frameworks that take the burden of request handling and HTTP and Sockets off me but don't do too much else. One great example I recently found is Feathers.

Dynamic

Local time
22:35

In the Web Frontend I prefer Vuejs for serious projects and I think Svelte looks fantastic as well (but only used it for paid work once). In the Web Backend I love to use small frameworks that take the burden of request handling and HTTP and Sockets off me but don't do too much else. One great example I recently found is Feathers.
+1 for Svelte! It looks fantastic and I can't wait to see where it goes

basGo

Local time
14:35

+1 for Svelte! It looks fantastic and I can't wait to see where it goes

+2 for Svelte, I'm currently rebuilding my personal site with it :)

edit: Why: because I am a huge fan of compiled languages (Rust is my personal favourite right now), so the thought of moving to that style of architecture for web is exciting to me!

Last edited:

koehr

Local time

+2 for Svelte, I'm currently rebuilding my personal site with it :)

edit: Why: because I am a huge fan of compiled languages (Rust is my personal favourite right now), so the thought of moving to that style of architecture for web is exciting to me!

We might have a similar reasoning. I also wanted to check out ReasonML more but can't find the time at the moment.

minhthanh3145

Local time
10:35

I currently am using OSGi which is a service-oriented technology designed to build modular enterprise application. Personally I think it's a tad complicated, but I have found that it facilitates writing nano-services productively once everything is set.

Last edited:

abc

Local time

I am looking into building software with QT at the moment.

HY Yeh

Local time
11:35

Hi the Svelte sounds great. I have question about the Svelte.
I am looking for Javascript component frameworks , say React , but it is independent from Node.js.
Its fine to work with Javascript and Node.js in authoring phase of a web-app if necessary.
But the web-app would work with backend server in Python or Golang in productive phase.
Which means even in authoring phase, it could interact with non-Node.js backend for development and debug.
Does the Svelte is the one that I am looking for?

=====================================
Answer myself:
After the above posting, I did some survey and trial by coding.
Svelte is excellent, it is exactly what I am looking for.
Thank you all for introducing it.

Last edited:

rhysowen

Local time
03:35

I started my web application development journey using JSF, so I felt that the inherent structure that comes with Angular eased my transition into a proper front-end framework (having now ditched JSF altogether in favour of tier & layered applications using Spring Boot).

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I use Laravel/Lumen/Illuminate - that's it. 😅
If I extend to irregular use it would also be: phaser.io, Vue.js, CLI node.js, jQuery, tailwind, bootstrap.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Local time

Lately I'm focusing on Laravel for the php side, Vue.js and nuxt.js for the javascript side and tailwindcss for the css side.
The more I work with them, the more I love them. 😊

koehr

Local time

Hi the Svelte sounds great. I have question about the Svelte.
I am looking for Javascript component frameworks , say React , but it is independent from Node.js.
Its fine to work with Javascript and Node.js in authoring phase of a web-app if necessary.
But the web-app would work with backend server in Python or Golang in productive phase.
Which means even in authoring phase, it could interact with non-Node.js backend for development and debug.

Generally all of the big players, React, Vuejs, Angular, Ember, etc can be used like this. None of them is dependent on Nodejs as a backend, as long as you use pre rendering.

Does the Svelte is the one that I am looking for?

Svelte especially fits into this category because its whole architecture is build around prerendering.

=====================================
Answer myself:
After the above posting, I did some survey and trial by coding.
Svelte is excellent, it is exactly what I am looking for.
Thank you all for introducing it.