🎨 What do you think web design trends of 2020 are going to be?

🎨 What do you think web design trends of 2020 are going to be?

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
22:07
Pronouns
he/him

2019 was definitely a year dominated by flat illustrations like undraw.co, humaaans.com and organic shapes.

There also seems to have been more notice paid to accessibility which is great due to its more prominent appearance in the news.

Untitled-2.jpg

Spot the difference

Towards the end of this year I've definitely been seeing more sharper edges and overlapping elements. I think this will continue in to next year.

I also expect we will see more 3D elements, I think SendInBlue is a nice example of this. I hope we see some darker sites and deeper colours. A bit lacking this year in that department!

What do you think? Are there any sites you've seen that you think are paving the way for trends for the year ahead?

Danbars

Local time
00:07

One can just hope that the illustration craziness will stop. The entire Internet just looks the same, someone has to put an end to it

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
22:07
Pronouns
he/him

One can just hope that the illustration craziness will stop. The entire Internet just looks the same, someone has to put an end to it
I can get on board with that! I really do like some when they’re done nicely but it makes me sad to see everything look so homogenous.

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
23:07
Pronouns
he/him

It's the same like the bootstrap era. My focus will be accessibility. I play a lot of Xbox in December and use it as some kind of case study how to create no-mouse interfaces with the needed focus styles and so on.
With my weblyse package it will also be easy to detect common issues.