🎇 What are your 2020 goals?

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
17:40
Pronouns
he/him

Share with us your goals for 2020, can be work related or just in your personal life!

I’ll set you up a notification for this time next year so you can see how you got on. 😄

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
18:40
Pronouns
he/him

Attend Laracon EU Amsterdam next year and find a second one worth it and fitting in my conference budget.
Fullstack EU could be the one.

In job I have some goals and definitely multiple challenges to master.
Tasks are: write guidelines, upgrade CI tests, unify and refactor projects, replace bitbucket with GitHub and optional drop jira for GH based kanban ...

I will rework my whole website next year - content, design, structure.

An optional idea is to move shootager to a real SaaS. Still planning the final features and thinking about the law situation.

There's nothing on the plan that won't get done next year. So no reminder needed. 😉

nick

Gold Member
Local time
09:40
Pronouns
he/him

I’d like to do less. I want to be committed to less things and do more impactful work with the things that I am committed to.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I’d like to do less. I want to be committed to less things and do more impactful work with the things that I am committed to.
So the goal of us all? Do/work less with a larger impact?

nick

Gold Member
Local time
09:40
Pronouns
he/him

Yep! I find I often set many goals which actually adds more to my plate. So I’m keeping it simple and only removing stuff 😜

szferi

Local time

• write more long-form technical notes,
  • clean up, finish and launch at least two currently half-backed site/product
  • exercise more
  • play more with my children
  • read book more
  • worry less

Evan

Wordpress / Divi / Avada / Oxygen
Local time
12:40

• Get in shape (ha. Maybe!).
  • Would love to basically learn what has happened to CSS within the past few years. Before joining my current job, I was primarily hand-coding stuff and liked it. Right around the time people started talking about CSS grid, I landed a job working with Wordpress. I didn't really have time to look into grid, and I know a lot more has happened within the CSS world over the past ~2-3 years.
  • Possibly move on to another job if things don't change where I'm currently at.
  • Get a pet?

nshep

Local time

• Get in shape (ha. Maybe!).
  • Would love to basically learn what has happened to CSS within the past few years. Before joining my current job, I was primarily hand-coding stuff and liked it. Right around the time people started talking about CSS grid, I landed a job working with Wordpress. I didn't really have time to look into grid, and I know a lot more has happened within the CSS world over the past ~2-3 years.
  • Possibly move on to another job if things don't change where I'm currently at.
  • Get a pet?

If you want some tips on how to get in shape, hit me up. I have some experience in that area.

kilian

Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Bring Polypane (and Superposition) to many, many more people compared to 2019. I have a lot of work to do there, but a huge drive to do it, too.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Bring Polypane (and Superposition) to many, many more people compared to 2019. I have a lot of work to do there, but a huge drive to do it, too.
If you want feedback for polypane to possibly get more users - here are my two cents.
  • at first I haven't got if it's a real standalone browser or a plugin for chrome, firefox ... or even only a "browser" simulating website in another browser.
  • for me the used engine webkit, gecko or whatever would be super important. To know with which "real" browser I can test.
  • the homepage looks a bit "thrown together" - the spacings don't feel consistent and I'm a fan of simple but somehow the design doesn't support the communication of the app features.
  • and after all: the subscription payment has shocked me - primary because I don't get why I have to pay monthly? Do you have monthly costs? Or is it for the updates? If it's for the updates I would prefer something like JetBrains does. Pay a price that includes one year updates but you can use the last version released during this year forever. I think that this will make it easier for you to get into agencies.