Not open for further replies.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
10:45
Pronouns
he/him

I think the default Facebook-esque reactions aren’t a very good fit for our community. There’s a poll above where I’d love you to vote for the reactions you would like to see available. Feel free to suggest your own as well!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

sfcgeorge

Sonic the developer
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
He/Him

Good idea. I think there should be at least 1 "negative" one for say reacting to a sad post, but hopefully people won't use it to mean "I don't like this" (best not to say anything then)

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
11:45
Pronouns
he/him

I would like to also add 🚀👨‍💻

But I really love the ability to use multiple reactions in GitHub. Would this be possible?

And just as a super crazy idea: if we use regular emojis. How about allow to react with every emoji via a small text-input?

Last edited:

fbnlsr

Local time

You could do GitHub's way and add only a select few emojis. Or you could do Discord's (or Slack) way and allow pretty much anything. The community would auto-regulate anyways, and some crazy things might happen that'd make this community unique. 😉

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I vote for the Slack way! 🙏💙😅

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I feel that we should get a 👎 as well.
I would only agree if it's part of the "all emojis as reaction" idea. Otherwise it's an too easy to use and demotivating reaction. Primary because there's so much interpretation.

fbnlsr

Local time

You're right. Especially since WebWide is aimed at being an inclusive (I read that as "positive-minded") platform.

Bad content will be either discussed or ignored.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

New reactions all in. 🤗

Status
Not open for further replies.