Now Live Video Games Blogs and Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Local time
21:27

Site Name: DestroyRepeat
URL: http://www.destroyrepeat.com (or https://www.destroyrepeat.com)
Type: Blog/Forum
Site Info: Originally a TitanFall community, DestroyRepeat is a Video Game Community. It is a community that merges about 13 communities. The largest community was a PSVita Forum with 9 thousand members, and 300 thousand posts. Combined together, it is now a community with 58,323 Threads, 564,281 Posts, and 19,919 Members. And I don't plan to stop there.

Upvote 0

Carlos

Local time

Site Name: CODForums
URL: CODForums (or CODForums)
Type: Forum
Site Info: CODForums is the oldest Call of Duty Forum in existence. No one has the rich history that's behind CODForums. No one. Created in 2003, in anticipation of Activision's Call of Duty. However, CODForums.com has been through many iterations. My iteration of CODForums is about the 5th iteration. I became administrator of CODForums.com in 2009, then acquired the site early 2011. It was my most riskiest, my biggest accomplishment, and I am still proud of it.

Last edited:

Carlos

Local time

Site Name: SwitchForum - Nintendo Switch Forums
URL: Nintendo Switch Forums (or Nintendo Switch Forums)
Site Info: SwitchForum was launched on October 20, 2016 - the same day Switch was revealed to the world amid rumors about a possible new Nintendo console codenamed "NX." I acted fast, but also quietly before anyone else noticed. It's the world's first Nintendo Switch-focused community. I completed the acquisition on January 6, 2017. On March 20, 2018, I acquired a like-minded Nintendo Forum called Nintendo Realm.

Carlos

Local time

Site Name: PS5Forum - PlayStation 5 Forums
URL: PS5 Forum
Site Info: I launched PS5Forum.com on October 8, 2019 - I've been sitting on this announcement for a while now. I've suspected about PS5 since whole 2 months before Sony announced first details of PlayStation 5, and about 8 months later, Sony announced that PlayStation 5 is the official name of their next generation console. PlayStation 5 will release Holiday 2020.

Carlos

Local time

Site Name: PS5Daily.com - PlayStation 5 Daily
URL: https://ps5daily.com
Type: Blog/Forum
Site Info: I launched PS5Daily.com on February 12, 2019 - a whole 2 months before Sony announced first details of PlayStation 5, and about 8 months later, Sony announced that PlayStation 5 is the official name of their next generation console. PlayStation 5 will release Holiday 2020.

There are some content available, but I'm slowly but surely building up the site. The primary focus of this site is to build a popular PS5 Blog without constraining the name to "blog" or "news."

Carlos

Local time

Wow. So some mod merged all the threads. Not realizing they're different projects, different websites, and it's all lumped together.

Great. Now, I can't get actual feedback. I already know how my experience at this site is going to be poor. That's how you turn off new users. +claps+

That's how you drive users away.

Last edited:

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
03:27
Pronouns
he/him

Appreciate you visiting and participating Carlos but your posts were dominating the new feed and the projects are all related. 4 out of 5 share the same theme. We encourage sharing of projects but 5 separate self-promotion threads without any other contributing activity in between is a little much. I'm sure any members wanting to offer feedback will not have a problem quoting the particular forum they are interested in.

As a fellow forum administrator I'm sure you can appreciate.

Last edited:

Carlos

Local time

Appreciate you visiting and participating Carlos but your posts were dominating the new feed and the projects are all related. 4 out of 5 share the same theme. We encourage sharing of projects but 5 separate self-promotion threads without any other contributing activity in between is a little much. I'm sure any members wanting to offer feedback will not have a problem quoting the particular forum they are interested in.

As a fellow forum administrator I'm sure you can appreciate.

....We're at an impasse. I don't share your, ahem "enthusiasm" for moderating my threads just because my threads "dominate the activity feed." But this is your forum, control it like you want.

I am very put off by this action. The only time I merge posts is when the clan thread is a duplicate, or the subject is the same. 4 out of 5 share the same theme? Depends on how you classify "same theme," yes it's core... but they are completely different. CODForums for example is darker than the other ones. SwitchForum? Far, far different than the two PS5 websites.

But hey, like I said, this is your site... control it like how you want it. I'm just not comfortable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.