Planned/In Progress Uploading attachments in posts

sixlxvi

Local time
11:12

@Adam,

I don't think uploading attachments in posts should be exclusive to the paid membership.

I really like this forum and I want to continue to use it as my web dev forum of choice. However, a lot of posts that I know I'll make, and probably other users, will need screenshots in them. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't normally upload images to the internet on image hosting websites. I wouldn't consider my screenshots to be private as I'm posting them on the internet anyway, but it feels weird to have them out there on heavily trafficked sites like Imgur.

I could just use my own server to host the image and embed it on this forum. But that is an inconvenience when making a simple thread or a post that needs a quick screenshot.

As a result, while I've had some threads and posts that I wanted to make here, I've felt discouraged to even bother.

Also, I'd considering making a donation, but the Gold membership is subscription based and I'd rather not do it that way.

Lastly, I'm not trying to criticize your decision to run your forum this way. It's obviously your forum and your rules. But I wanted to bring it to your attention that I would have posted more already, but felt discouraged by knowing I would have to upload multiple images to an external website, so I didn't bother. And because of that, I would imagine that has happened to other new users as well which ultimately results in a potential loss of forum activity for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
16:12
Pronouns
he/him

Coming in V2 for all users with over 10 posts. Gold members will have slightly higher upload limits.