Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

tsParticles - What particles.js could be if it wasn't abandoned years ago

HollowMatt

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:27
Credits
Project URL
https://github.com/matteobruni/tsparticles
Elevator Pitch
Particles.js ported in TypeScript, still dependency free, improved with new cool features and various bugs fixed and it's actively maintained!
I've converted the old Particles.js library in typescript, fixed some bugs and implemented some good pull requests requested in the old project.

And most important, kept everything dependency free and compatible!

Want to see samples?

Checkout the CodePen collection I’m keeping updated

https://codepen.io/collection/DPOage

You can also use FontAwesome (or any other font you love) icons as particles! (Fonts must follow their instructions for installing, including FontAwesome, they're not included with tsParticles)

All samples are ready to use!

If you want to contribute feel free to join this is the GitHub project:

https://github.com/matteobruni/tsparticles

You are free to use the library in your frontend and you can report any bug or issue you found and it will be fixed as soon as possible.

sfcgeorge

Sonic the developer
Gold Member
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 09:27
Website
www.sfcgeorge.co.uk
Credits
Pronouns
He/Him
Real Name
Simon George
I really like that you've revitalised an existing project fixing bugs and improving code quality instead of starting a brand new project. It's usually more fun to start from scratch, but inevitably the new thing will have fewer features, its own set of bugs, and you likely burn out from all the effort and abandon it as well. That seems understandably quite common in the hyper creative javascript community, so I think you should be commended for taking the steady maintenance approach instead; well done! Open source and community for the win ✨

Reactions: HollowMatt