Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
02:10
Pronouns
he/him

Like already said some times on twitter. The themes (all of them) should get improved.
The default (blue) theme looks like, exactly, default - nothing special - so no brand recognition.
The orange one (I've used it for some minutes) misses contrasts between text and links and is very hard to look at. I've disabled it because it hurted in my eyes - and I'm a dark theme fan in general.

So instead of providing multiple themes I would go for a single one that's well balanced and everyone knows "this is Webwide".

Upvote 1

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
01:10
Pronouns
he/him

Thanks for feedback Tom, I do agree with all your points.

My first time trying to do some dark modes and I found it super difficult! Going to take some practice.

With regards to branding on the default theme I am going to see what I can do to bring this to life a bit more. I wanted to keep it fairly simple so it is not a distraction when using the site but I think there's more that can be done to find a happy balance.

I'm going to post a hiring thread this weekend as I'm sure there is some awesome talent, including you, on the forum that would help bring us to the next level. 😄

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
02:10
Pronouns
he/him

I'm sorry but I'm no designer! I can only tell you my normal user experience but I would never think about doing a real design recommendation.
That's something that should be done by a real designer.
I could image a landing-page infront of the forum which introduces the general branding and only the colors, fonts are used in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.