Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

Structured data - schema.org

Dominic

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 20:23
Website
dominiclooser.ch
I worked in semantic web research for some years. I hated it afterwards! Tooling was bad, nobody used it.

It's slowly coming back again with schema.org and wikidata. I begin to like it again.

Didn't use structured data on websites yet, but I think it makes a lot of sense! Also Wikidata could be very useful to augment websites with more information, multilingual.

kilian

Gold Member
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
kilianvalkhof.com
Pronouns
he/him
Could you post the link to the structured data test tool? Would like to see what you set and how you've structured it.
Sure, here's the homepage and the FAQ page. I used to also have an FAQ on the pricing page, which showed up in Google so that was nice, but I removed it to make the page itself less cluttered.

Edit: Dominic's post triggered me, back in 2008 is tried (unsuccessfully) to extend XFN to also include professional values: xpn-examples · Microformats Wiki. I think the resurgence of schema.org now is due to the SERP benefits more than anything else.

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
gummibeer.de
Sure, here's the homepage and the FAQ page. I used to also have an FAQ on the pricing page, which showed up in Google so that was nice, but I removed it to make the page itself less cluttered.

Edit: Dominic's post triggered me, back in 2008 is tried (unsuccessfully) to extend XFN to also include professional values: xpn-examples · Microformats Wiki. I think the resurgence of schema.org now is due to the SERP benefits more than anything else.
I would recommend you to use SoftwareApplication - schema.org Type on your home-page. This is more precise and has it's own SERP preview: Software App | Search | Google Developers
But the FAQ looks pretty good and is also displayed in the SERP. :)

• Wow
Reactions: kilian

Gummibeer

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
gummibeer.de
image & description are properties of Thing - but could be that Google uses a custom standard there. :(
brand could be replaced by author, copyrightHolder and the aggregate rating could be easily done with 0 values.
But if Google doesn't support the first two properties this is bad. :(

kilian

Gold Member
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
kilianvalkhof.com
Pronouns
he/him
aggregateRating needs a positive value for the count, according to the structured data testing tool: "(The value provided for ratingCount must be a positive value.)"

I could give it 5 stars from one review (mine) but, eh...

• Haha
Reactions: Gummibeer