Development Spline - Experimenting with 3d on the web

avena

Local time
04:51

Hello there!

My team and I are working on a web-based 3d tool. It is a very simple and experimental project but we are reaching a point where we believe having user feedback is a good idea to continue development and validate our ideas, so I made a small survey for anyone interested in becoming an alpha tester.

I am posting videos on Instagram with some of the things that are possible with the app (the pretty ones!), and also because it is fun to make these videos 😅.

If you are interested, please apply here for Early access.
More at spline.design

http://instagr.am/p/B8fbRM3DE-p/
🤘💕

--------
Update on 03 February 2020: Upcoming page on Product Hunt!
Update on 11 February 2020: New landing page, and Show HN post

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
08:51
Pronouns
he/him

This is cool! What does it use as source files? I have not really worked in 3D before. The closest I have got is Zdog but that doesn't really count. 😂

Last edited:

avena

Local time

Ah, you can import common 3d files like obj, fbx, gltf, etc. Or create scenes from basic primitives. It is al using three.js in the background as @Gummibeer noted.

xtbhyn

💻 🎨 🖊️ 📚 🌱 🍔
Local time
14:21

This looks interesting. I took the survey. Looking forward to the launch 😎 👍

avena

Local time

Updates 🥳:

I don't have much experience publishing on HN, I think I should have read more about it before publishing there. It is been 4 hours but no points so far 😣

Does anyone have experience making webinars or making live streamings to demonstrate how the product works? I am thinking of doing something like that to explain better how Spline works.