Astroneer
Local time
04:36
Pronouns
he/him
Project URL
https://github.com/sponsors/Gummibeer
Elevator Pitch
Fully working opinionated Laravel App skeleton.

Like some of you know my framework of choice is Laravel.
And even if Laravel helps you with a lot and provides a lot of basic app requirements by default - there are always things I adjust/add before creating the real app. And after I'm done with everything I lost my motivation. 🙈😅

So while creating v2 of my own side project I've decided to create my own skeleton app.

It comes with a lot of things installed, configured and ready to use.

• Laravel
  • Nova
  • Horizon
  • Tailwind CSS
  • Alpine JS
  • Sentry logging
  • Font Awesome Pro
  • Twemoji
and definitely some more.

It also comes with all required views for sign-up and sign-in, forgot/reset password, empty dashboard, account view to update email, password and delete account, it's translatable and prepared for 🇩🇪 & 🇺🇸 and also all required notifications/emails.Between all of this definitely some golden eggs/hidden gems.

I will also add some more things like 2FA, uploadable avatars, default landing page and who knows what else.

-----

You are fixed now and want to see it? I'm sorry, this time it won't be open-source.
I'm not fully decided but it will definitely be a perk for my GitHub sponsors on top it could also be available via one-time payment - in this case I'm not decided yet if and how long updates are included!? 🤔
And I'm also not sure about the pricing - I don't want to get rich with it. But in my experience resources are more valued and used than fully free ones.

Would anyone be interested in it? Would you pay for it? How much would you pay? Would you really use it as a starting point or just copy some things?

I could imagine it as a learning resource for beginners and advanced Laravel developers. But also a "how others work" for experienced professionals.
But definitely also as what I'm using it for: an app starting point/skeleton.

-----

To be clear: it's an opinionated but fully working skeleton app. It contains ~3 years of work on my side project (except the real project stuff) and for sure all of my knowledge earned in ~5 years of Laravel development and also all of my open-source experience.
But for sure also personal contact (telegram, discord) is included to help you get started and discuss why I'm doing it how I'm doing - I'm not saying 1-2-5h or similar, it's more a when and how long we get together - at the end I'm still employed and have family. 😉

-----

Upvote 1

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
03:36
Pronouns
he/him

This is so great! What a huge headstart. I will definitely want to give it a go on my next project (after I deleted Tailwind of course 😉😅). Keep us posted on the pricing.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

This is so great! What a huge headstart. I will definitely want to give it a go on my next project (after I deleted Tailwind of course 😉😅). Keep us posted on the pricing.
Why do you want to delete tailwind? 🤔

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Keep us posted on the pricing.
Haven't seen this. Right now early access is part of every of my GitHub Sponsor tiers.
So if you want to see progress and also be part of the development: now's your chance! 😉

* It's not automated so give me ~24h or ping me. 😉

If anyone has questions what's included or whatever: just ask me! 😊

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Local time

First sponsor and didn't get access to it yet. 😂 🤷‍♂️ Not even knew about it, read it here first 😅

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

First sponsor and didn't get access to it yet. 😂 🤷‍♂️ Not even knew about it, read it here first 😅
Solved. 😉
Just didn't wanted to invite all sponsors until it's ready.^^

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Local time

Thanks! Had a quick look and wooooow this should be everyones go to place when starting a new project. 👍

RECOMMENDED!

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

A little progress update:
All authentication routes are now fully tested.
Also added several testing tools like psalm, phpinsights and so on to GitHub Actions CI.
Not starting with several new features - the default setup is now GDPR ready by providing an account delete and export personal data button.

carbon (10).png

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Okay, today's Laracon stopped me a little bit.
Laravel Jetstream will be nearly exactly the same but for Livewire or Inertia.js
So I will focus on what I've done before - creating reusable and pluggable packages.
During development I've got three new package ideas and I will wait for Jetstream to drop and check if I can create cool "plugins" - I believe that they will be called features, at least they were in Taylors stream.