Now Live Site Redesign and New Product for Album Daily

henrygarrett

Local time
23:25

Hi all! Today is very exciting, as I have launched the completely redesigned Album Daily site. On feedback from our users and prospective audience, many of them wanted an option for a weekly email, as daily was too much for them.

So that is exactly what we did!

I redesigned the site to focus more on the fact that we are a newsletter, and added an option to sign up for a daily or weekly newsletter.

Edit: ^ Just realized I need to update the meta description on the website, it's not just a daily email anymore.

I hope you all will sign up and start receiving album recommendations to discover and re-discover the best of the music world.

Cheers!

Henry

Last edited:
Upvote 0

xtbhyn

💻 🎨 🖊️ 📚 🌱 🍔
Local time
09:55

Hi all! Today is very exciting, as I have launched the completely redesigned Album Daily site. On feedback from our users and prospective audience, many of them wanted an option for a weekly email, as daily was too much for them.

So that is exactly what we did!

I redesigned the site to focus more on the fact that we are a newsletter, and added an option to sign up for a daily or weekly newsletter.

Edit: ^ Just realized I need to update the meta description on the website, it's not just a daily email anymore.

I hope you all will sign up and start receiving album recommendations to discover and re-discover the best of the music world.

Cheers!

Henry

This is really cool! Just subscribed to the weekly recap. 👍

I went through the past albums. It seems the service recommends a broad range of genres from different eras. For me, it's a good thing because once in a while I prefer listening to something other than the recommendation Apple Music and YouTube throws at me based on "music I've previously liked/listened".

Btw, how do you shortlist an album?

henrygarrett

Local time

This is really cool! Just subscribed to the weekly recap. 👍

I went through the past albums. It seems the service recommends a broad range of genres from different eras. For me, it's a good thing because once in a while I prefer listening to something other than the recommendation Apple Music and YouTube throws at me based on "music I've previously liked/listened".

Btw, how do you shortlist an album?

Glad to have you! Your thoughts on the different genres are exactly why we do it that way. Sometimes people want to expand their horizons, but it's hard to know where to expand to.

The albums come from a variety of different factors: suggestions from the community, our research, metrics on how well previous albums have been received, and much more. We are always evolving and trying to be as best as we can with the selections. Quite a lot of thought and research goes into them.

xtbhyn

💻 🎨 🖊️ 📚 🌱 🍔
Local time
09:55

Glad to have you! Your thoughts on the different genres are exactly why we do it that way. Sometimes people want to expand their horizons, but it's hard to know where to expand to.

The albums come from a variety of different factors: suggestions from the community, our research, metrics on how well previous albums have been received, and much more. We are always evolving and trying to be as best as we can with the selections. Quite a lot of thought and research goes into them.

Nice 👍 waiting for this week's recommendation.
Best wishes to Album Daily!

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
04:25
Pronouns
he/him

Awesome! It would be great if you could add to Spotify the option to open the Spotify URI. For some reason opening in the Spotify web interface doesn't give the option to open the app. 🤔

Maybe hovering over the Spotify icon gives a tooltip with the URI link so there's no extra clicks for people that just want to go straight to web player?

eg: spotify:album:26LEx6Am147roKPkvkmln2 opening that as a link gives a prompt that opens the album directly in the program instead. It uses the same structure ID and prefix as the URLs so would be possible to programatically generate.

Screenshot 2019-11-06 at 14.18.58.png

You could also add the album links to the 'today's album' on the homepage.

Last edited:

henrygarrett

Local time

Awesome! It would be great if you could add to Spotify the option to open the Spotify URI. For some reason opening in the Spotify web interface doesn't give the option to open the app. 🤔

Maybe hovering over the Spotify icon gives a tooltip with the URI link so there's no extra clicks for people that just want to go straight to web player?

eg: spotify:album:26LEx6Am147roKPkvkmln2 opening that as a link gives a prompt that opens the album directly in the program instead. It uses the same structure ID and prefix as the URLs so would be possible to programatically generate.

View attachment 56

That is great feedback, Adam. I appreciate the detail. I will look into making those changes! Hope to get you signed up for one of the newsletters!

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
05:25
Pronouns
he/him

View attachment 56

Seems like a spotify bug: Open open.spotify.com links in desktop app