Beta Testing Single Page Website Builder

mizan078

Local time
13:51
Project URL
https://dorik.io

Hello everyone,

We are building a single-page website builder. I started it as a side project with my friend because we were passionate about building something like this for years. We have designed our beta homepage to get early beta testers. Here is the link Dorik.io Beta - Single Page Website Builder

I hope our homepage will explain what it is and how it works (If not, Please share your feedback on how we can improve it).

The homepage is built with our builder without writing any code.

Any feedback will be really helpful. :-)

Thanks

Upvote 0

xtbhyn

💻 🎨 🖊️ 📚 🌱 🍔
Local time
13:21

That's a sweet sweet website! Good job :)
Here are my thoughts:

• I personally prefer a quick way to signup for early access. A textbox + submit button, done! So, it was a jarring experience when the website re-directed me to Google Forms and asked me to fill up a form. You can always push a survey in a follow up email after I have signed up for early access :)

• I think there should be a link to a comparison page right at the top. The page builder space is pretty competitive and it would be nice to see how Dorik stacks up with the rest or how Dorik is better. I believe such a summary is important for decision making.

• The hero image got me confused for a few seconds 😄mainly because "Dorik builder" was mentioned there. I was like "is this a continuation of the main website's message" or "an example of a website built with Dorik?". I feel the image at the bottom in the built-in templates section should be up here.

That's all from my side. Good Luck 👍

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
07:51
Pronouns
he/him

Nice work! Looks great and clearly communicates the benefits. Nice work. Look forward to trialling the service. Don't make it too good though will you, you'll put us web designers out of business. 😄

mizan078

Local time

Thanks @xtbhyn for your feedback.

I think there should be a link to a comparison page right at the top. The page builder space is pretty competitive and it would be nice to see how Dorik stacks up with the rest or how Dorik is better. I believe such a summary is important for decision making.
It's a great idea. Soon we are gonna do it on our homepage as our subscription form feature is almost ready. :-)

I think there should be a link to a comparison page right at the top. The page builder space is pretty competitive and it would be nice to see how Dorik stacks up with the rest or how Dorik is better. I believe such a summary is important for decision making.

I agree with you. We will do it probably when we will launch Dorik for everyone.

The hero image got me confused for a few seconds 😄mainly because "Dorik builder" was mentioned there. I was like "is this a continuation of the main website's message" or "an example of a website built with Dorik?". I feel the image at the bottom in the built-in templates section should be up here.

3. I'm not fully clear about this. Hero section has a video where we showed the live building of the section with our builder. It's not an image like the "built-in templates" section. Do you think we should update the video?

Thanks again. 🙌

mizan078

Local time

Nice work! Looks great and clearly communicates the benefits. Nice work. Look forward to trialling the service.
Thanks Adam 😄 We are planning to give early access from next week. It will be great for us to get feedback/suggestions from you.

you'll put us web designers out of business. 😄
As a fellow web designer, I can confidently say that it won't happen. 😅😅

xtbhyn

💻 🎨 🖊️ 📚 🌱 🍔
Local time
13:21

Whooa.. sorry! I checked your website on Chrome. It's an auto-playing video!
The video isn't playing on Brave browser. It's a static image here.
Not sure why (pic below) 🤔🤔

Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 12.27.28 AM.png

Last edited:

mizan078

Local time

Whooa.. sorry! I checked your website on Chrome. It's an auto-playing video!
The video isn't playing on Brave browser. It's a static image here.
Not sure why (pic below) 🤔🤔
Brave blocks video autoplay. So it shows the static poster only. I'm updating the poster. So it won't be confusing. Thanks for notifying the issue. 🙌

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
07:51
Pronouns
he/him

Brave blocks video autoplay. So it shows the static poster only. I'm updating the poster. So it won't be confusing. Thanks for notifying the issue. 🙌

Perhaps both a more informative thumbnail as well as the overlayed play button would be good compromise.

Talia

Local time
02:51

I think the site looks beautiful, but I have a quibble with the fact that when you scroll back up, it undoes the scrolling-activated animations so they redo themselves when you scroll back down. This was probably intentional, but I personally find it to be a bit annoying. I think once something goes into place from scrolling, it should stay there. This is just a personal preference, though.

mizan078

Local time

Perhaps both a more informative thumbnail as well as the overlayed play button would be good compromise.
Yes. We will go with an informative thumbnail. We can't make browser-specific changes in our builder at this moment. So the play button won't be possible at this moment.

I think the site looks beautiful, but I have a quibble with the fact that when you scroll back up, it undoes the scrolling-activated animations so they redo themselves when you scroll back down. This was probably intentional, but I personally find it to be a bit annoying. I think once something goes into place from scrolling, it should stay there. This is just a personal preference, though.
Thanks for the feedback, Talia
The purpose of repeat is if someone wants to see the animations again then they can scroll down and see again. We tried to show what is possible to build with our builder by using most of the features in building our homepage.

Talia

Local time
02:51

The purpose of repeat is if someone wants to see the animations again then they can scroll down and see again. We tried to show what is possible to build with our builder by using most of the features in building our homepage.
I can understand that reasoning, and if I'm the only one who's annoyed by it, maybe it's not an issue.