Selling digital goods

Selling digital goods

Talia

Local time
22:49

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience selling digital goods - themes, plugins, templates, icon sets, graphics, photos, fonts, pieces of code, or anything else that's sold as a product rather than provided as a job/service? It seems like it would be very nice to make money this way, and I've always wondered about it, but I imagine it must be hard to break into since I'm sure there's a lot of competition and oversaturation unless you can find a really good niche.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time
05:49

Easiest thing to start: Envato Marketplaces
There you can sell your products you're creating. It offers your products to a pretty big audience and can get you a nice income, if you have good avertising/marketing material already.

Talia

Local time
22:49

Yeah, that's always seemed like the place to go. Are there any niches that are especially good to target?

Mayh

Local time
11:49

I tried with iconfinder couple years ago but I got only $50, they are publishing a report a couple times a year, check it if you want to know what people are downloading. If you want to start with icons, you need to make some collections and be consistent, I made just 2 collections and after that I drop it (I had too much work with better paying clients)