Roast my landing page (WP for Developers)

Roast my landing page (WP for Developers)

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
10:12
Pronouns
he/him

https://wpfor.dev/

Hey everyone! Would love your feedback on my landing page. Not sure if it is a bit wordy but there is a lot that I wanted to say and convince people of. Thanks very much in advance for any time. :)

xavier

Local time
06:12

Hey, that's off-topic but: nice domain name!

1. Nice design!
  2. That is super wordy, reminds me the LP of Basecamp. I did not read 70% of the content on the first place, just browse it and understood quite easily what you're doing.
  3. Some content is too much, in the header I feel like you don't all this: "Quality developers are in-demand to build and maintain them, but many believe their modern skillsets and standards will be at odds with this mature CMS" That's too much to read.
  4. Same in Create a real project from scratch or Choose your favorite Flavors.
  5. The course overview is soooooooo big. That scare me bit "WIll I really read all that stuff?"
Then on a more strategic point of view:
  1. If the purpose of this LP is to test your offer, then remove the email subscription form and put a pre-order one instead!
  2. You want people to clicks on the CTA, make them more attractive
  3. Lastly, show me somthing! Gimme the first chapter as a freebie, I want to see! There is plenty of resources about WP dev, show me how you stand out!

l3ta

Local time
02:12

Holy cow! You are immediately confronted with a wall of text that never ends! The humanity! Other than that, it is very informative, so your enthusiasm comes across which is a good thing. Oh yeah, unicode symbols are not displaying on Chrome so you might want to have a look at that. Good job. Cheers!

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Local time
07:12
Pronouns
She/Her

Yeah, I'll agree with everyone and say it is a bitttt wordy. I feel like more creative uses of images/graphics would break up the wall of text a bit more, and it could maybe be cut down slightly to be less HEY HERE'S EVERYTHING.

Currently, it looks more like a blog post than a landing page. Which is nicely formatted, for a blog post, but a bit much for an introduction to something.

Otherwise the colour palette is lovely, I always love emojis to help spice up text, and I think it's a lovely start! 😊

kilian

Gold Member
Local time
11:12
Pronouns
he/him

my first thought was: that's a super nice domain name. Good Job! I don't think it being wordy is too much of a problem but I'd sprinkle in some more easily digestible stuff: a 1 sentence tldr, some more headings, a pull quote, a list, just to make it easier to scan.

The only place I'd really cut down on copy is the get notified bit. The entire first paragraph can go, and make the promised discount bold in the second. I'd even consider ditching the title. This is the place where you don't want to lose people with too much content. Consider just hiding the first name field too.

The blurred out screenshots...I get you have them there as a placeholder for when you get further along developing the course but just leave them out. They just confuse IMO.

Consider putting all the bonus content in a collapsible section (and have it collapsed by default). I don't know what "Release to follow" means there, so just remove it.

The blue notified banner at the bottom: I found I ignored it a little bit since it looks like a cookie banner.

Mike Rees

Local time
10:12

The only thing I can really roast you for is describing the south coast as sunny. I've lived there, sunny is at best an incredibly relative term. I prefer wordy sites to picturey sites, personally, but then I imagine that's not so great for conversion and I'm generally not the target audience for things like this.