Reminded That I don't like Front End stuff

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
11:07
Pronouns
she/her

Today, I kinda have a landing page up. But my links don't work right. It's kinda ugly. It's pretty boring. It gets the point across, I think.

Last edited:

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
she/her
Last edited:

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
16:07
Pronouns
he/him

Yes yes. Thanks. Fixed.
Awesome, it's looking great! Can't wait to see it progress. Such an awesome venture too. 😄

I'll hold off on any feedback since you're still underway except one thing that I think the 3 Student/Researcher/Business sections you have would work well as 3 columns so there is an immediate overview of who it's for without scrolling since presumably they are all equally important to you. Unless of course you have much more content to add under each!

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
she/her

Awesome, it's looking great! Can't wait to see it progress. Such an awesome venture too. 😄

I'll hold off on any feedback since you're still underway except one thing that I think the 3 Student/Researcher/Business sections you have would work well as 3 columns so there is an immediate overview of who it's for without scrolling since presumably they are all equally important to you. Unless of course you have much more content to add under each!

Good idea. They definitely are equally important. I was debating a table and I think I like that idea.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
16:07
Pronouns
he/him

Good idea. They definitely are equally important. I was debating a table and I think I like that idea.
Try something like this instead of a HTML table, you'll have much easier time making it responsive. 😄

Last edited:

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
she/her

Try something like this instead of a HTML table, you'll have much easier time making it responsive. 😄

Oh yeah! That’s it! I knew I was missing something. I’ll do that later this evening.

I had given myself a hard deadline of yesterday to be done, but today it is. I need it done before this conference starts tomorrow. I don’t want to be talking to people about my thing and not have a site for them to look at.

ami

Local time
17:07

Nice, you have a landing page up and running. Some feedback mainly focusing on conversions.

What are you actually offering users? Why should users use your site instead of competitors'?I had a hard time figuring out what you do. I understand you're launching an open source community, that you don't have customers per see, but having a conversion centric design that clearly communicates what you're about will attract more people to it.

I think reading up on landing page design and conversion rate optimization could be incredibly useful. It will give you an understanding of what do do and exactly how to do it. Unbounce has a free course on landing page design that I keep coming back to.

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
she/her

Wow, a table was a goofy idea. Flexbox 👍👍 That section looks much better now, on all devices. Thank you!

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
she/her

Nice, you have a landing page up and running. Some feedback mainly focusing on conversions.

What are you actually offering users? Why should users use your site instead of competitors'?I had a hard time figuring out what you do. I understand you're launching an open source community, that you don't have customers per see, but having a conversion centric design that clearly communicates what you're about will attract more people to it.

I think reading up on landing page design and conversion rate optimization could be incredibly useful. It will give you an understanding of what do do and exactly how to do it. Unbounce has a free course on landing page design that I keep coming back to.

Yay! Thank you so much for the feedback.

For background, this is v2 of the landing page. The first one probably had 1000 words and was just boring and also didn't get the point across.

The site will be a cross between Wikipedia and CourseHero. I'm having a hard time conveying my thoughts from a customer's point of view. It's something I'm working on. I'm also going to put in a screenshot/preview of the future site, I think.

I will definitely read more on having better conversion.