Redesign of personal website

Redesign of personal website

avena

Local time
12:56

Howdy!

I thought it was about time to change the design of my personal site (about 3 years with the same style), so here is the new one: https://alejandro.fun/

The site uses Basier Circle, a sans-serif from http://atipofoundry.com/, it has some similarities to San Fransisco font (from Apple).

I would love to know your opinions! It is been a while since I properly updated my site 😅

PS: Adam, It is possible to use tags with 2 characters, like "UI"?

Last edited:

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
16:56
Pronouns
he/him

That's so nice! Your work really speaks for itself and I love how you put it center stage.

I think @sfcgeorge might be particularly interested in Circuita. Seems up his alley.

I think you could afford to boost the font size a little bit on mobile, maybe just by 1px.

Re: PS, yes! I will set that up. :)

avena

Local time

Thanks Adam! Good point, I check the media queries of the font so it doesn't get too tiny for small screens.

sfcgeorge

Sonic the developer
Gold Member
Local time
16:56
Pronouns
He/Him

Ooh that is a nice site. I'd maybe make your name and logo/pic a bit bigger at the top, but that's about all my feedback. Nice font choice too.

Aah Circuita is very cool. Are you thinking it will be for electrical circuits, or flow charts? I want a flowcharts-as-text tool but haven't found one I like yet.

avena

Local time

Hey thanks for the feedback!
For circuita, I was thinking on adding symbols common in both circuits and flow charts or diagrams. I need to dig deeper into electrical circuits symbols so I can cover all or most of them.

jarod_peachey

Local time
11:56

Looks awesome! I would make the headings for each section bigger, but that's just personal preference.

Pandemix

MD developer
Gold Member
Local time
10:56

"A minimal design with emojis, not again!"

The only reason I don't think that is because as @Adam says, your work really speaks for itself and makes the page beautiful and unique.

My only suggestion—and this is based on my own navigation preferences—is I'd love to see the ESC key close the modal windows. You have otherwise done a good job of making them easy to close, this will just seal the deal IMO.

Last edited:

avena

Local time

Alright, improvements in the font size for the smaller screens were done. @Pandemix the escape key now works too :D

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. 🥳