Recommendation letters

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
09:47
Pronouns
he/him

Hey all,

I'm possibly in need to write a recommendation letter in near future and want to know if anyone has experience from any side or can provide examples?
I know that writing them in Germany is a hard job because everything has a secret meaning. It's the result that recommendation letters have to be positive, by law, in Germany. One of the most memorable examples is:

XYZ is very communicative.

Sounds positive, but means that you are always chatting with colleagues and prevent them and you from work.

So I would like to know if this is the same for English/international recommendation letters? Are there any predefined phrases/words to use or avoid? Or is it easier to write one?

If anyone has examples he has received or written I would be very happy to read them if you feel comfortable sharing. For sure you can anonymize and/or send them via mail to me. 🙂
[email protected]

Last edited:

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
08:47
Pronouns
he/him

In response to your request for letter of recommendation for @Gummibeer.

During my time with Gummibeer, he has regularly produced high quality posts in a timely fashion. He is a motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills across all levels of the organisation. I have been particularly impressed with his work on community challenges where he consistently demonstrates a deep understanding of his professional tools.

I am therefore very happy to recommend Gummibeer very highly for your position.

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
09:47
Pronouns
he/him

I am pleased to write this letter of recommendation for @Gummibeer.

During my time with Gummibeer, he has consistently produced high quality posts in a timely fashion. He is a motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills across all levels of the organisation. I have been particularly impressed with his work on community challenges where he consistently demonstrates a deep understanding of his professional tools.

I am therefore very happy to recommend Gummibeer very highly for your position.

Thanks in both ways! 🤩
For the kind words and the example. 🎉

Got some ideas for phrases I could use. 😊

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
08:47
Pronouns
he/him

Please feel free to send me a redacted draft if you would like some native eyes to look over first. 😊