Q&A with Gummibeer

Q&A with Gummibeer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

😎
Local time
03:14

The first of its kind, and hopefully the start of a new regular feature.

Kicking us off is @Gummibeer; who will answer questions that you have to ask.

The format is simple, ask questions and they’ll be answered. Just be polite with the questions and have some fun getting to know other members!

To kick off, my first question ... if you could only travel to one place in the world, where would you choose & why?

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
23:14
Pronouns
she/her

What’s your favorite color? Why?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
04:14
Pronouns
he/him

if you could only travel to one place in the world,
At super first I would say Lisboa because I had such a great time during WebSummit, it's a beautiful city and delicious food. πŸ’™
But after some thoughts and if I have to/can stay longer I would say Scandinavia in it's whole and/or slightly extended by Ireland, Iceland and Canada. I know it's a bigger "one place" πŸ™ˆπŸ˜… but I love the countryside, people, food, weather and simply everything! πŸ€πŸ’š

What’s your favorite color? Why?
Ad: Tom Witkowski - Gummibeer
Is it answer enough?^^ I just like the darker/sunny yellow. It matches perfectly in summer and fall and is motivating and uplifting in winter. πŸŒ»πŸŒžπŸ’›πŸ§€πŸ€

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Fun idea! Is there a story behind your username?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Is there a story behind your username?
Short: yes
Long, grab a coffee and read! β˜•πŸ€“
I would say that it's now ~14 years old. So it originated during my good old gamer days during school.
My favorite candies are gummy bears which is "GummibΓ€rchen" in German. So that's the first reason for the first part of my name.
The second reason is that I only played tanks (chars with strong defense but low attack). Fun fact: because I'm unable to aim/click that fast to be a good damage dealer. πŸ˜… One of my major equipment builds was based on damage reflection and knock back. So I was like a big lump of gummy (again "Gummi" in German).
The second part of my name has also two reasons.
First is connected to the first first reason. In my hometown was a gummy bears manufactury and they had beer gummy bears. Only the flavor but they were delicious!
Second: it was a typo. πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚ At school I wasn't good in English, don't know if I'm now!?^^ And "beer" was my first idea for "bear" 🐻 - so yeah, now I have to live with it. πŸ€“

Dominic

Local time

If you would have infinitely many resources and infinitely much courage, what would you do with your life?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

What is your favourite website?
Oh this is hard! If I go by time I use it the answer will clearly be GitHub.com . πŸ˜…
But except of this I couldn't declare a favorite. I have favorite docs, blogs, games, video streaming, good design, inspiration or whatever. But non of them is in at least two categories.

But if I have to decide it's spatie. Spatie Docs because I need/use them a lot. And 10 Million Downloads because I'm super duper proud of it! πŸ™πŸ’™πŸ†
And I like the design/colors.

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

If you would have infinitely many resources and infinitely much courage, what would you do with your life?
I would extend on something I already do, care about, get my customers involved into and discuss a lot with colleagues.
climate
So build more The Ocean Cleanup and put a Home (EN) - The Great Bubble Barrier in every river. Plant thousands of trees. Do politics to change regulations. Stuff like this.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Short: yes
Long, grab a coffee and read! β˜•πŸ€“
I would say that it's now ~14 years old. So it originated during my good old gamer days during school.
My favorite candies are gummy bears which is "GummibΓ€rchen" in German. So that's the first reason for the first part of my name.
The second reason is that I only played tanks (chars with strong defense but low attack). Fun fact: because I'm unable to aim/click that fast to be a good damage dealer. πŸ˜… One of my major equipment builds was based on damage reflection and knock back. So I was like a big lump of gummy (again "Gummi" in German).
The second part of my name has also two reasons.
First is connected to the first first reason. In my hometown was a gummy bears manufactury and they had beer gummy bears. Only the flavor but they were delicious!
Second: it was a typo. πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚ At school I wasn't good in English, don't know if I'm now!?^^ And "beer" was my first idea for "bear" 🐻 - so yeah, now I have to live with it. πŸ€“
Oh nice! That is a great story. Fun to find some names with a meaning. As for your English, you could be easily mistaken for native (sorry if that is undesirable to you πŸ˜‚), it is really great! I have huge respect for all of you with English as a second language.

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

As for your English, you could be easily mistaken for native
Only as long as you don't hear me speaking. πŸ˜…
My pronouncing/Emphasis isn't good. And in written English I have the benefit of 2 touch Google translate. πŸ™ˆ
Most times I struggle with in/on/at/by/with/from if you know what I mean? Am I on or at the platform. Am I riding by or with my bike.
And than/then their/there also needs some time to decide.^^

VickiLanger

Asks "why?" too much
Gold Member
Local time
23:14
Pronouns
she/her

Only as long as you don't hear me speaking. πŸ˜…
My pronouncing/Emphasis isn't good. And in written English I have the benefit of 2 touch Google translate. πŸ™ˆ
Most times I struggle with in/on/at/by/with/from if you know what I mean? Am I on or at the platform. Am I riding by or with my bike.
And than/then their/there also needs some time to decide.^^

We really would never know. Native English speakers have trouble with most of those too.

Michael

😎
Local time

What super hero would you choose to be, if you could be any? Why?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

What super hero would you choose to be, if you could be any? Why?
Existing ones or imaginated?
I would definitely pick a Marvel one - I don't like DC. πŸ˜…And in marvel Universe I like Coulson but he isn't a real superhero!? Does an anti-hero count? In this case I would pick Frank aka Punisher.

Reactions: tom

Michael

😎
Local time

Heh. I'm a bigger fan of Marvel than DC.

Have you seen Swamp Thing on Amazon Prime TV?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

It isn't available yet and in Germany Netflix will release it instead of Amazon.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

It's done by someone else. I've ordered it on Fiverr. Was a tough time to get what I wanted.
It's a mix of a normal and red Panda. πŸΌπŸ’™

Michael

😎
Local time

I do really like the avatar. Is the red panda your favourite animal? πŸ˜›

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I do really like the avatar. Is the red panda your favourite animal? πŸ˜›
Yes! πŸΌπŸ’™
In addition to: penguin, normal panda, otter, meerkat and all these sweet ones. πŸ™ˆ
But at the end I love all animals! πŸ€“

Status
Not open for further replies.