Status
Not open for further replies.

v1rtl

teen webdev
Local time
09:07
Pronouns
bruh

While there is an awesome ref system in webwide there is still a very small amount of users.

I created this thread to discuss ideas about how to make Webwide more popular among IT community.

Does anyone have ideas of promoting Webwide?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

ReinissB

Local time

Forum games, fun contests with prizes?
Shop where you could buy all kind of things from webwide users would be cool.
I personally would like to see more topics or anything related to graphic design.
"Blogs" or "Articles" section would be cool as well where people could write their own articles and share latest news about interesting topics around the world.

Last edited:

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Local time
03:07
Pronouns
She/Her

I honestly have no idea what would work. I just joined a few days ago, and it's because the Webwide twitter followed me and I went "huh, that looks neat"

Possibly what @ReinissB said with games or a shop or something? People love games.

We just need something that makes people aware of this great place we've got here (and keeps them around!)

v1rtl

teen webdev
Local time
Pronouns
bruh

I guess social networks can help.

and also sponsored posts in IT newsletter / Telegram channels

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
07:07
Pronouns
he/him

Thanks so much for the support! I agree, I get so attached to projects that you can be absolutely sure we are in this for the long haul. 👍🏻

I have had the blog on my mind. I thought about both writing posts with highlights from forum discussions and also syndicating/accepting submissions from users that might be a bit more shareable than just forum threads but still help to spread the word.

It could also be open source so as to be a community project, although I don’t think we’d ever be able to settle on the right technology. A static site generator of some kind I guess.

I’d love to do some ad spots/sponsorships and do invest some cash when I can but do not want to monetise Webwide as I would rather be part of a great community than milk for money. Running costs are very low.

Last edited:

Pandemix

MD developer
Gold Member
Local time
01:07

The fast growth of this community has been impressive and to have roughly ~40 already registered members a day come back to check out the forums (the daily average I've noticed in the "Recently active" sidebar since joining) is an excellent core to start with and a positive factor for anybody not registered to consider.

More users will always be needed, but a potentially more important question right now could be how to we get more of those 40+ members who visit daily to contribute?

Right now I see about half of the people on the Recently Active list have less than 5 posts (many with 0), and if that's you reading this, come say hi! Start by showing off your project if that's the most comfortable thing for you to talk about—I think Webwide is unique in its encouragement for self-promotion.

The better quality of the conversations started by and carried on by those of us here is the best marketing tool we can come up for this community, so where we see a topic lacking such as @ReinissB's suggestion:

I personally would like to see more topics or anything related to graphic design.

...we are here on the ground floor of this community to create those conversations ourselves as the core members right now.

Mike Rees

Local time

"Blogs" or "Articles" section would be cool as well where people could write their own articles and share latest news about interesting topics around the world.

I quite like the idea of this. I want to blog about some of the things I'm working on in my job but I keep putting it off because I want to use a platform rather than self host, and I don't want that platform to be medium...

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I quite like the idea of this. I want to blog about some of the things I'm working on in my job but I keep putting it off because I want to use a platform rather than self host, and I don't want that platform to be medium...
Interesting! I was holding off because I was not sure if people would want to contribute.

I wanted to add the option for people to noindex posts and canonical URL posts to their own sites as an option so they could duplicate posts here for more reach without jeapordising their own SEO.

Tobby

Local time

I will like to see an interview section. A place where we can read about the in-depth stories of webwiders and their projects. Either failed or successful projects. Sort of like a mini failory

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.