Powerful and fast CMS?

Powerful and fast CMS?

avena

Local time
00:26

I am currently looking for a CMS powerful as Wordpress but you know.. faster/better?
I looked at Ghost and I believe it is very powerful but my issue is that the admin panel does not allow to do multi-post editing (that means for example: selecting and deleting multiple posts at once).

My current need is to build a complex blog, and I expect it to handle a lot of content, but I really don't want to use Wordpress 🤯

@gummibear mentioned Statamic before, but it seems like the latest version is not ready yet (does the v2 or v3 has multi editing?).

Does anyone know other alternatives?

Last edited:

Mike Rees

Local time
04:26

Possibly ProcessWire? I've not used it but people at work said good things about it, and looking at it it seems a really flexible solution.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
05:26
Pronouns
he/him

I will always throw Statamic in. The v3 release is planned for this year. And they are already in rc phase, so no alpha/beta anymore.
The v3 is based on a fully functional Laravel - so there is nothing more powerful and also not much faster, except static pages, which is also possible with Statamic/Laravel.

The v3 will also be free and OpenSource for a single user. If you need multiple users or any other pro feature it will cost, I think the same like before, 199$. Which at first seems a lot, but if you think that a default WordPress theme already costs 50$ plus plugins and so on.

avena

Local time
00:26

Thanks for sharing guys! Sorry for my delayed answer.
@Mike Rees that's interesting. I am looking at the admin and it seems very simple though :/ (I mean, not flexible to edit multiple posts).

@Gummibeer that's right, I need to dig deeper.

James

A Verified Legend
Gold Member
Local time

Hi Gummi

Can I see a demo of a Statamic site please?

Thanks

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Wordpress is popular and fast CMS as compared to others CMS.
Sorry but that's an unqualified, baseless and like it's written there simply false/wrong statement.

WordPress is popular, agree - but popularity itself isn't really an argument for stack decision. A related argument would be active community, lots of plugins or similar.

WordPress CAN be fast but also damn slow. But in no way it's capable to compete with flat file/static CMS like statamic in terms of performance.

After all there isn't this single CMS to rule them all. Like most other techstack decisions you should know about the pros&cons and check which matches your requirements the best.

minddigital55

Local time
09:56

Sorry but that's an unqualified, baseless and like it's written there simply false/wrong statement.

WordPress is popular, agree - but popularity itself isn't really an argument for stack decision. A related argument would be active community, lots of plugins or similar.

WordPress CAN be fast but also damn slow. But in no way it's capable to compete with flat file/static CMS like statamic in terms of performance.

After all there isn't this single CMS to rule them all. Like most other techstack decisions you should know about the pros&cons and check which matches your requirements the best.

which one CMS you think fast and powerful?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Like said - there isn't an answer to rule them all.

CMSs I know and like:

But also more generic ones like:

And like you can see - all of them are Laravel based. So my field of decision is pretty limited, why? Because I nearly never use CMSs and if so only for a small part of the whole application. So I need a solid and flexible base framework I can work with for my app and add the CMS on top.

There are a lot of questions to decide for a CMS:

• do you need authentication/authorization
  • how many different entities do you have to manage
  • do you want a pre-defined template/theme engine or a headless one
  • do you need flexibility in adding your own code or a pre-defined plugin system
  • what kind of content do you have to manage (short/long texts, single/multiple fields per entity, images, videos, files, ...)
  • which kind of editor do you like (WYSIWYG, markdown, HTML, inline, ...)
  • do you want a centralized backend or a local one
  • how often do you change content
  • who has to manage content

And several more - these are only the first I can imagine.
And depending on all this you will get to a list of CMSs that match your criteria and some of them do some things better and the others do other things better. I can highly recommend a decision-matrix to get to a good result. 😉

minddigital55

Local time
09:56

CMSs I know and like:

And like you can see - all of them are Laravel based. So my field of decision is pretty limited, why? Because I nearly never use CMSs and if so only for a small part of the whole application. So I need a solid and flexible base framework I can work with for my app and add the CMS on top.

• do you need flexibility in adding your own code or a pre-defined plugin system
  • what kind of content do you have to manage (short/long texts, single/multiple fields per entity, images, videos, files, ...)

And depending on all this you will get to a list of CMSs that match your criteria and some of them do some things better and the others do other things better. I can highly recommend a decision-matrix to get to a good result. 😉

CMSs I know and like:

By the way, what do you think? which one powerful and fast CMS on your opinion.

In my opinion, WordPress is good because everyone use it.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

@minddigital55 Please refrain from asking the same question multiple times. There is no one-size-fits-all CMS. Almost any well-built CMS will be fast and powerful if used correctly, that is the point of them.