Now Live nogicomps.com , A JiuJitsu competition directory

Daniel

Local time
01:48

No-Gi Comps

Hey guys, long story short, I'm more of a backend Dev and ops guy, currently working as a DevOps eng at a web design agency.

I saw a gap in the market for a website that contains all the Jiu jitsu competitions in a country. Up till now they have been listed all over the place, from forums to private Facebook groups to smoothcomp.com which is a tournament software company (only comps listed there are ones using Thier software, and there is no filter for type of Jiu jitsu).

Being more of a back end guy I had to start somewhere, so I got a front end bootstrap theme and hacked away at it. Minimizing it greatly, writing in my own filtering to enable the user to filter by rule set, writing in a form submission which goes to my back end & creating a working subscription form that hooks into the MailChimp API

The site is built via a private git repo through to netlify as the host and backend.

Any criticism is welcome but please remember I'm definitely a beginner when it comes to front end but I believe I understand the basics.

The site has received great commendation from the Jiu jitsu community so I definitely class it as a win in terms of a project.

Thanks guys

Dan

Last edited:
Upvote 0