Now Live New project: DiaperGrid.com

UnitPrice.org

Local time
07:55

I just had a second child, and so I took what I learned from UnitPrice.org and created DiaperGrid.com! Turns out that buying in bulk is not always the best deal, so I find the best deal for each brand/size of diaper for you!

What do you think? Any ideas on how to market it and get recurring visitors/users?

Thanks!

Upvote 1

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
12:55
Pronouns
he/him

Nice one! Congratulations on the baby. Here's my immediate thoughts:

• Will need several hundred more words of content on the homepage to have a decent chance in search engines, the blog is a great addition in this area though too
  • Are you able to use the Amazon logo anywhere per the associate terms? I think this would help to add some trust and immediate visual information.
  • Could you use something like dataTables.js to be able to sort each size by lowest price?
  • Would some product images help to make things more immediately recognisable and obvious?
  • Swap backlinks between your two sites for an extra SEO boost and also some referral traffic between the sites
  • Perhaps a little notice bar with a keyboard shortcut to bookmark or an add to homescreen nudge (make sure you got a pretty icon for this) to keep people coming back? (You can use something like cubiq/add-to-homescreen for that)
  • Change the Meta Title on your product pages from 'DiaperGrid: Bambo Nature' to something more long-tail like 'Cheapest bulk price for Bambo Nature diapers on Amazon | Diaper Grid'

Last edited:

UnitPrice.org

Local time
07:55

Thank you! These are all fantastic suggestions. My SEO skills are not great, so these are some great simple improvements I can make. I was thinking about maybe a weekly email blast with updates too, but maintaining a legit email list seems to be a decent amount of work. (I don’t have a business address, for instance.)