New and Need some help...Arizona Woodworker here!

New and Need some help...Arizona Woodworker here!

bwork87

Local time
19:05

Hello all! This is the first online community like this that I have ever been apart of! I joined in hopes of finding some help with my website for my custom woodworking business.
I use Weebly for building my site (I would imagine that the advanced users are shaking their heads at me!) I learn quickly and any advice or tips anyone has, I am open to all of it! I am truly trying to make my site a great landing page to showcase my work and be a lead capture for those who are wanting to get input, need help deciding how they want their piece customized or for people ready to go on a custom order.
So thats a quick snapshot - My website is below - I am ready for all the input, just go easy on me haha!

www.authenticgrain.com

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
04:05
Pronouns
he/him

Hello, welcome and great to see a "non-techi" here! 🎉👋

At first, just to clear it out, do you search for feedback or also help from a designer, developer to take a look under the hood and help you with their skills? So if there's someone to help you (or even do it) would you want it? Would you want to switch away from Weebly in this case?
Just want to know what you search for and what you would grateful reject?^^

Now my first feedback, from smartphone:

The super first, keyword list, looks like one of these error messages that found their way before the <body>. I would add some spacing and center the text. For me I would expect the phone number or clickable button on mobile there.

The social media icons on top of your banner image aren't visible enough and most times they are in the footer. Is social media this important for you (could be, so I ask)?

These grey boxes look like a placeholder where you want to add images. Exactly this would be my solution. Add a blured background image, icons on top or something like this. And change the grey tone - it should be softer/brighter/lighter to feel right there.

This testimonials Slider feels jumpy and not smooth. No idea if you can change this in Weebly.

Your footer is empty and lost. You should add a phone number, email, the social media links, address, map, links to privacy, a contact form or whatever you need. Your contact page isn't this much - so you can put it in the footer as a whole.

I understand why - but in this case the "form" should be removed and a nice text should be there - like:
Hello, I'm sorry but at the moment I only can accept orders from within the USA. You can sign up to my newsletter (link) to get informed if this changes. Sincerely Brandon

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
04:05
Pronouns
he/him

Except of this I only can recommend you to search for a developer with some design skills to do it for you.
The ideal technology would be one of these What is your static site generator of choice and why?

To find one you could write here Hiring. I don't know your budget but possibly you find one who needs a new table and you could "pay" with one. I know that it feels great to do something your own.

But I do the same for several businesses in germany and every time start the "pitch" with "you want others to pay you because you are the expert - but you don't want an expert to do your digital existence?".

Michael

😎
Local time
03:05

Welcome! Your best bet is to post in the other sections asking for critique, as some people might not come in here specifically. :)