MySQL GUI tools

MySQL GUI tools

Alex

Local time
02:15

I have been using sequel pro for a few years. It has been horribly buggy, but like any necessary bad relationship at least I learned to patch my way around it's bugs and get work done.
A few days ago it started crashing when I connect to a db. It has rendered itself useless.
I am sorry to have to let go of sequel pro, it was nice, it did the work but it just does no longer work for me.
Does anyone have an opinion about Table Plus? Is it a good idea to Shell out the $59 they ask for the perpetual license?

fbnlsr

Local time
09:15

I'm surprised Sequel Pro was buggy on your end. It's been working flawlessly for years on my part. What bugs did you encounter?

I've tried Table Plus but couldn't wrap my head around it for the life of me. I found the UI to be counter-intuitive.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

I'm also using sequel pro without any issue. In addition I use the phpstorm database tool.

Alex

Local time

I'm surprised Sequel Pro was buggy on your end. It's been working flawlessly for years on my part. What bugs did you encounter?

I've tried Table Plus but couldn't wrap my head around it for the life of me. I found the UI to be counter-intuitive.

As far as bugs:

1)When I close a tab the app crashes
That happens on connections that still work

2) When I connect to a server the app crashes
This is for a particular server. Can't understand why it only crashes on this new server.
It goes through every phase in the connection, when it finally says "connection succeded" the entire app crashes.

Alex

Local time

I am running OS X mojave on a 2015 MBP. I don't even want to dare to go to Catalina.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Have you simply uninstalled it? I'm also running Mojave on a 2015 and one 2017 MBP.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

I‘ve had the same problems with Sequel Pro. Switching a database crashed the app. Also closing a tab or switching fast between tables.

Moved to Table Plus a few months ago and am very satisfied with it.