Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

My recent design works

ReinissB

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 11:43
Credits
Hey! I have recently finished two of the design works that I designed especially for my dribble and Behance portfolios to make them stronger. I would appreciate any feedback from you guys :)

Here are the links to Behance and Dribbble posts -

Desktop chat design -

Portfolio / Blog page design -

P.S I actually don't know why the quality in Behance is so low, but I will try to fix that soon :)

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:43
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
They are super clean and nearly minimalistic. Love them!
The chat reminds me of Facebook messenger (colors) but I think that there's a state of the art way how to do chats, don't know if there's much space for improvement/creativity. 🤔

Could be that I steal the fullwidth banner image with author and other meta overlapping from the blog for my own website rework. 😅

One question: is there any tool to create these abstract color background images? Something for a non-designer without bachelor of Photoshop. 😅
It's always what makes all the designs and themes look fancy and if you buy them the images are missing or you want to adjust colors.

ReinissB

Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
They are super clean and nearly minimalistic. Love them!
The chat reminds me of Facebook messenger (colors) but I think that there's a state of the art way how to do chats, don't know if there's much space for improvement/creativity. 🤔

Could be that I steal the fullwidth banner image with author and other meta overlapping from the blog for my own website rework. 😅

One question: is there any tool to create these abstract color background images? Something for a non-designer without bachelor of Photoshop. 😅
It's always what makes all the designs and themes look fancy and if you buy them the images are missing or you want to adjust colors.
Thanks, I appreciate that :)
Actually, the chat design was meant to be a bit like a Telegram's redesign. That's why these colors might look similar to other chats. And yeah, I might agree with you about the creativity/improvement space.

If there is anything you want to steal - of course, I don't mind, haha 😄 😄 I could even give you the base file, if necessary, I haven't planned to use this design for any projects.

The big background image was something new to me as well. I haven't really created anything like that before and, I think, It has many things to improve.
But how I created it? So I made like 6 or 5 big, differently colored shapes around my artboard. Then I picked "Smudge tool" and kinda played around with it until I got satisfied with what I had created. You can try to apply a gaussian blur as well, it gives a bit different effect, but it is so cool. Of course, there are many other ways to create these backgrounds, and this is how I did it and I am not saying it is the best or worst way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gummibeer

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
Thanks, thought so that you've done them by hand. 😕
App idea: a tool where I can enter 2 to n colors (n can be limited) and possibly also pick something like a style, direction and retrieve one of these cool randomized images. In best case I get a new image every run. Or it even generates n images at once.
If I like one I can download it - possibly even in different types, SVG (if possible), high-res BMP, PNG and JPG.

Reactions: ReinissB

ReinissB

Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Thanks, thought so that you've done them by hand. 😕
App idea: a tool where I can enter 2 to n colors (n can be limited) and possibly also pick something like a style, direction and retrieve one of these cool randomized images. In best case I get a new image every run. Or it even generates n images at once.
If I like one I can download it - possibly even in different types, SVG (if possible), high-res BMP, PNG and JPG.
That is actually a good idea! I'm not sure if there is any site that actually generates a good looking background like that. I think, many people would like this idea too.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
That is actually a good idea! I'm not sure if there is any site that actually generates a good looking background like that. I think, many people would like this idea too.
I think most pages, I've found, only generate a pattern based background - they have some repeatable SVGs and you can choose front and background color. Nothing near this fancy as these abstract random geometry blurred color backgrounds.^^

I've created a dedicated thread for the idea: https://webwide.io/threads/app-idea-tool-to-generate-abstract-color-background-images.958/

Last edited:

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 09:43
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Nice work @ReinissB! I think the only fault I’d pick is the black text on the blue bubbles in the chat app is a bit of an eyesore for me. Apart from that, love everything else. Particularly some of the flourishes on the website design!

Last edited:

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 04:43
Credits
Pronouns
She/Her
Real Name
Shayna
Minimalistic and lovely, great work! There's really not a lot of room to move in the chat space, I wonder if there will be a time where someone really reinvents it...

But if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

ReinissB

Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Nice work @ReinissB! I think the only fault I’d pick is the black text on the blue bubbles in the chat app is a bit of an eyesore for me. Apart from that, love everything else. Particularly some of the flourishes on the website design!
I definitely agree with you! Thank you for your advice.
Minimalistic and lovely, great work! There's really not a lot of room to move in the chat space, I wonder if there will be a time where someone really reinvents it...

But if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Thanks :) Maybe one day someone will come up with something better, who knows, hehe.

I think those are pretty decent designs. Fairly standard, but it's fine to not mess with what works.
Thank you!

Last edited: