• Welcome back! We're still rolling out the latest updates so please excuse any mess (and hold off on those bug reports) throughout the rest of today. 😊

My First Site was on GeoCities 😲

My First Site was on GeoCities 😲

Luke

Local time
20:30

Hello everyone. My name is Luke. I decided to join this forum after I saw one of Adam's posts on the official XenForo community forum.

I've been doing web development since I was about 12 years old. I'm 32 now so I've been at this awhile.

One of my businesses right now is built on top of XenForo so I keep a close eye on what's going on with XF and I was really impressed by the theme and the customization of this forum. It's really beautifully done 👍

My business built on XenForo is a premium forum called affLIFT:

While I'm a web developer, my core business and interest over the past 10 years or so has been marketing. It's a concept so many "makers" are not fond of, but marketing is what actually makes it so people can appreciate what you are building. Without it, you're the product sitting on the shelf of a store no one visits 😢

You may not have much use for affLIFT if you are not in the affiliate marketing space, but you may like my other product a bit more 👇

FPTraffic a social media marketing tool you can use to grow your audience. I built the first version 7 years ago with PHP, MySQL, and one of the first versions of Bootstrap. Now, I have a developer who completely rebuilt it for me and I focus on the frontend and marketing.

I work full-time on these two products. I have over 100,000 users. I've learned a lot over the years and I'm happy to share any of it with you. AMA 😃

Last edited:

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
01:30
Pronouns
he/him

Welcome Luke! Your sites look great. GeoCities sure is a throwback! What was your first website about? 😄

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
02:30
Pronouns
he/him

Without it, you're the product sitting on the shelf of a store no one visits
😢
I know this part too much 😟
And it applies to really everything - even if you are creating free content you have to promote it. 😱

So I'm lucky that my girlfriend does it on my behalf! 🤩🎉🙏

PS: @Adam something strange's going on with twemoji here. 😅

Last edited:

JoyFreak

Gaming Forums
Local time
01:30

Welcome. I remember using GeoCities, could get really experimental with them.