Solved Move new introductions threads from latest activity to own sidebar widget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
03:05
Pronouns
he/him

What do you think? Just excluding them from the homepage latest activity section. Would still appear in what’s new etc.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

xtbhyn

💻 🎨 🖊️ 📚 🌱 🍔
Local time
08:35

I agree! It should be anywhere else but the Latest activity section.
But sidebar plugin sounds good 👍 👍

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Done! Let me know what you think. Should give more visibility to more variety of threads while keeping our cherished new members welcomed. 😄

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
04:05
Pronouns
he/him

Done! Let me know what you think. Should give more visibility to more variety of threads while keeping our cherished new members welcomed. 😄
Perfect! Exactly what I wanted.^^

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

@Adam have you moved them back in? Or do they appear if someone answers an introduction thread?

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Very temporarily, I am working on making this an option that you can turn off and on in preferences at the moment!

fbnlsr

Local time

That's a good decision. I often come to WW only to see its front page polluted with these threads. Tbh I never really understood these sections on forums. They're pretty pointless and 99% of the time they're empty threads. A simple bio on the user's profile should suffice.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

That's a good decision. I often come to WW only to see its front page polluted with these threads. Tbh I never really understood these sections on forums. They're pretty pointless and 99% of the time they're empty threads. A simple bio on the user's profile should suffice.
It's some kind of onboarding process. The larger the forum gets the pointlesser they get. In a really active forum no one will read who has joined today.

Status
Not open for further replies.