Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

Logology - The logo maker for design lovers.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:14
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
Hey,
While checking your details and that you provide guidelines. So far I've read you provide the Hex code for the colors!?
While working on https://art.astrotomic.info and reading through Pantone and color science I've noticed that the same hex doesn't provide the same optical color in print and on screen. That's why I've used the hex code of the digital/screen Pantone color set and the CMYK of the Pantone print one.

Not even starting with printsave colors and so on. 😅

Do you have experience with all this? Have I over engineered? Or is splitting print and screen colors a good plan?

• Love
Reactions: Adam

xavier

Reaction score
Credits
Do you have experience with all this? Have I over engineered? Or is splitting print and screen colors a good plan?
It is a good plan to split colors yes! However, for most of them, you will not see the difference if you're not an expert. You need to do it for "neon" colors tho, or very bright ones. For the others, the difference is very small and the price of Pantone printing can be expensive. So most of the time we advise you to keep the hex colors…

You can see the difference of printing/screen colors with Photoshop if you want to be sure!

Reactions: Gummibeer