Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

Logology - The logo maker for design lovers.

xavier

Reaction score
Credits
1/ What's Logology?
Logology wants to help early-stage founders to gain access to high-end quality logos. In minutes, you get a logo you will love. No random generation, no symbols from a free database. Everything is crafted from the ground-up!

Here is how it works:
  • Our designer hand-made a lot of design beforehand. She validated every association of fonts/colors/pictograms with every company personality.
  • We start by asking you deep questions about your startup core values and vision. In 5 minutes, we're able to figure out your startup personality and marketing voice.
  • Our algorithm tailors our logos to your brand personality, and also to 9 other ones. Pick a different personality to see the impact on the design of your proposals. It will help you visually confirm your branding strategy.
  • You get designer logo proposals with a choice of vetted font and color variations. You play with them to find the style that suits you the most.
  • Every logo is sold $79
2/ Why Logology?
Because indie hackers or early-stage founders don't want to spend too much time & money on branding. They need a quick process. But they don't have to get a logo that does not mean anything. We think we found a way to provide designer-quality branding in a budget!

We just launched it, so all feedback is more than welcome!

Xavier

Last edited:
Reactions: Cory R and Adam

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 09:52
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Hi Xavier! Interesting product. I took it for a spin and have a bit of feedback:
  • The frontpage feels a little chaotic but messaging is good.
  • Some logo examples on front page would be nice even as part of a product demo image, perhaps of some of your successful purchases.
  • Having to sign up with a password and email activation was a bit annoying, I can understand capturing an email first.
    • Having to sign in again after just creating the account and activating by email was more friction, could you not automatically log me in since I just confirmed it was me.
  • I enjoyed the quiz but it could be improved with some illustrations and also some visual hierarchy between the titles (eg. Spiderman) and the description. Perhaps bolding the titles on a new line will help for easier scanning. I found myself reading them all then wanted to quickly find the one I had picked.
  • I found choosing between typical customer as either edgy or serious a challenge, perhaps more options needed here. I wasn't really after either.
  • Presumably the logos aren't unique, in which case I find the price a little high. Brandmark.io is $65 for similar and GraphicRiver, though a little more involved, offer a lot of templates for less than $30 with same usage rights.
Overall, looks great for a product just launched and wishing you all the best! Have you launched on Product Hunt yet? Happy to go and give it a vote.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: blaq

xavier

Reaction score
Credits
wow ... i like your site design so cool ...
Thanks!

Hi Xavier! Interesting product. I took it for a spin and have a bit of feedback:
  • The frontpage feels a little chaotic but messaging is good.
  • Some logo examples on front page would be nice even as part of a product demo image, perhaps of some of your successful purchases.
  • Having to sign up with a password and email activation was a bit annoying, I can understand capturing an email first.
    • Having to sign in again after just creating the account and activating by email was more friction, could you not automatically log me in since I just confirmed it was me.
  • I enjoyed the quiz but it could be improved with some illustrations and also some visual hierarchy between the titles (eg. Spiderman) and the description. Perhaps bolding the titles on a new line will help for easier scanning. I found myself reading them all then wanted to quickly find the one I had picked.
  • I found choosing between typical customer as either edgy or serious a challenge, perhaps more options needed here. I wasn't really after either.
  • Presumably the logos aren't unique, in which case I find the price a little high. Brandmark.io is $65 for similar and GraphicRiver, though a little more involved, offer a lot of templates for less than $30 with same usage rights.
Overall, looks great for a product just launched and wishing you all the best! Have you launched on Product Hunt yet? Happy to go and give it a vote.
  • Regarding the homepage, you're right, we're working on it! The new one will come with a less dense UI and with nice mockups of logo examples!
  • The signup is also a pain that we already spotted. There is no real reason to signup this early. It's going to be move after the survey, maybe even after the proposals. It's quite a work to do, but it's coming!
  • Gotcha for the information hierarchy, we'll try to make it more clear!
  • You're right, there is a LOT of logo generator out there, they're all cheaper (around $30-$60). But they don't provide the same service:
    • All their design are free icons form noun-project or others where all our design are hand-made by us
    • They don't provide any branding advice, you just choose the colors blindly where we provide color scheme dedicated to every personality.
We did not launch on product hunt yet, we're still tuning the experience, but I'll let you know !

Reactions: Adam

sfcgeorge

Sonic the developer
Gold Member
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.sfcgeorge.co.uk
Credits
Pronouns
He/Him
Real Name
Simon George
Might be worth explaining clearly on the site how you're different from other generators. I've tried several out of curiosity and they're all absolutely terrible, so you have that stigma to overcome.

I'd also question the price as plenty of freelancers will design for less than that. They might not be better, but it's a tough sell.

The homepage is very nice, I love it. Not sure what all the donuts are for but they're pretty.

It's great that you provide brand guidelines, horizontal version, etc. Always bugs me when a "designer" only provides 1 version that looks beautiful but doesn't work small, doesn't work on t-shirts, doesn't work on letterheads, etc etc. Do you provide a 1 color "black" version too, possibly dithered?

Reactions: Sharkie and Adam

xavier

Reaction score
Credits
Might be worth explaining clearly on the site how you're different from other generators. I've tried several out of curiosity and they're all absolutely terrible, so you have that stigma to overcome.

I'd also question the price as plenty of freelancers will design for less than that. They might not be better, but it's a tough sell.

The homepage is very nice, I love it. Not sure what all the donuts are for but they're pretty.

It's great that you provide brand guidelines, horizontal version, etc. Always bugs me when a "designer" only provides 1 version that looks beautiful but doesn't work small, doesn't work on t-shirts, doesn't work on letterheads, etc etc. Do you provide a 1 color "black" version too, possibly dithered?
Thanks for the feedback!
I agree, most of (all?) logo generator sucks. Did you read the features on the homepage? You think it's not clear enough?

What do you mean by "1 color "black" version "?

Also, did you signed-up? Any feedback on the product itself?

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:52
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
Having to sign up with a password and email activation was a bit annoying, I can understand capturing an email first.
Second this. And because of this can't say anything about the real product. I never sign-up somewhere without knowing if it's worth it.
Primary because I know why these providers do this: black/gray zone newsletter marketing.
Primary because there are tons of generators which create logos to your specific name without requiring anything unrelated to the logo generation - name, keywords, colors, style.

I would say that this will be your major drawback. It would be something different if all logos are handmade and not algorithm generated. But so far I've read they aren't?

xavier

Reaction score
Credits
I know about the signup, we build the product this way for the private beta and never changed it. It was a major mistake as it's a huge amount of work to move it. But, we're on it. The signup will be after the survey in a week.

Regarding the logos, they are handmade!
Lucie designed every single pictogram by hand, and create every color scheme. Then, she validated by hand every font/color/pictogram association to be sure that every logo is perfectly adjusted and fit the personality of your company.

• Cheer
Reactions: Gummibeer

sfcgeorge

Sonic the developer
Gold Member
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.sfcgeorge.co.uk
Credits
Pronouns
He/Him
Real Name
Simon George
Yeah I didn't sign up, it would be easier to just show some examples. Feels like snake oil if you say it's amazing but don't show any proof.

I did read the features but it doesn't say why it's better than other logo generators (which you have explained here). You need to make sure your messaging stands out from the crowd and explains why the price is justified otherwise people will just use another generator.

They're handmade but customised automatically? How many pictograms are there? I'd be worried that I'd end up with a logo similar to someone else's.

Is there a monotone (not greyscale) version suitable for printing onto shirts etc?

xavier

Reaction score
Credits
What we do is creating design materials for every personality. Then we pre-validated which font goes with which picto.
So, when you complete the branding survey we show you the logos that match your persona.
We have hundreds of picto (we're adding new ones on a daily basis) but yes, there is a possibility that we have a logo similar to someone else. But that's why the price is so low!
We thinking of a new offer where you can get a custom picto for $700(?)

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Yep, seen it on IH! Thanks for the heads up!
Must say that I just gave theirs a go and found the quality very unsatisfactory, particularly with regards to font choice and kerning. You definitely got them beat there, particularly as your mark selection grows!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: xavier

xavier

Reaction score
Credits
Yep, most (all?) generator randomly put together free fonts & free symbol and let you choose your color.
At Logology every pictogram is hand-made by our designer, every font is calibrated to fit with it. And we select the colors & the fonts that really means something regarding your branding personality…
It's a lot of extra work, but it's kinda hard to explain to the customer in a few words (that's what we focus on right now).

Reactions: Talia and Adam

xavier

Reaction score
Credits
Hey guys, some news from Logology.

We updated our homepage with a new design with examples! We also change the headline, the previous one was too vague. The features also get a little refresh and more importantly we change the pricing.
The catalog has been updated with more choices as well!

Let me know what you think!

NB: The signup is still too soon in the funnel, it should be moved by the end of the week!

xavier

Reaction score
Credits
Hey guys, some updates here!

• We redesign completely the signup process. The old one was too intrusive, now you can do all the questionnaire without signup. And we also plugged a Google signup!
  • We also add activity-based logos. As always, every logo was created by our art director Lucie Baratte. You won't find these on other websites! You can now find specific logos for activities like AI, robotics, productivity, cloud computing, etc…
Check it out and lemme know your feedback!

xavier

Reaction score
Credits
Hey guys, some major updates here!

We just launched a whole new pricing strategy with a "starter" pack and, a custom one! We were talking about it earlier in this thread, you now have the possibility to order a unique, custom symbols for your logo.
It's in private beta, for now, let me know if you want to register!

• Cheer
Reactions: Gummibeer and Adam

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:52
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
Hey guys, some major updates here!

We just launched a whole new pricing strategy with a "starter" pack and, a custom one! We were talking about it earlier in this thread, you now have the possibility to order a unique, custom symbols for your logo.
It's in private beta, for now, let me know if you want to register!

I would like to try the 29$ starter for my side project. 🤔

Reactions: xavier