Life beyond digital

Life beyond digital

fabulousrice

Local time
04:13

Let's gather a couple of physical objects that define us, and that help us remember the world exists outside our pixel world. What tools do you find hardest to replace with a digital alternative? What sparks controversy or discussions in your non-digital habits? In fewer words, what's on your desk?

Dominic

Local time
13:13

Let's gather a couple of physical objects that define us, and that help us remember the world exists outside our pixel world. What tools do you find hardest to replace with a digital alternative? What sparks controversy or discussions in your non-digital habits? In fewer words, what's on your desk?

Pen and Paper! Still very valuable!

ek1

Local time
08:13
Pronouns
She/her

I'll take a pic when I get home if I have a chance (busy night) but generally:
- knitting (I knit while I wait for downloads/installs/compiles/etc, or to take a break to mull something over)
- dark chocolate
- tea (lukewarm, oops)
- empty mugs x2
- scrap paper for figuring stuff out visually or for variable names etc
- my drawing tablet
- the cat, right on top of my keyboard

But the main thing that gives me purpose outside of computers is bicycles :) I help run a DIY bike repair shop here and there's sooo many great trails.

fabulousrice

Local time
04:13

I'll take a pic when I get home if I have a chance (busy night) but generally:
  • knitting (I knit while I wait for downloads/installs/compiles/etc, or to take a break to mull something over)
  • dark chocolate
  • tea (lukewarm, oops)
  • empty mugs x2
  • scrap paper for figuring stuff out visually or for variable names etc
  • my drawing tablet
  • the cat, right on top of my keyboard

But the main thing that gives me purpose outside of computers is bicycles :) I help run a DIY bike repair shop here and there's sooo many great trails.

This is my favorite answer so far! Thanks for sharing