Webwide is the inclusive discussion community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. Creating an account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

Launching on Hacker News tomorrow... Any advice?

UnitPrice.org

Reaction score
Hello again! I think I’m finally ready to do a “Show HN” tomorrow and officially launch my website, unitprice.org! I’m sure many of you have already done that step, so I was wondering... Any last minute advice?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 03:40
Pronouns
he/him
Politely ask a few HN-using friends to check out your post as soon as you launch, the early traction is what really helps. Asking for upvotes is against their rules, but if you post the link here when you launch and some of us happen to have accounts and enjoy reading your post then... 😉

I'd try posting early morning pacific time so you've got the whole day if it makes it to front page. Webwide got there totally organically by some stroke of luck. It drove around 3000 clicks.

Last edited:
Reactions: ek1

James

A Verified Legend
Reaction score
Website
www.chasethetrend.com
Good luck UnitPrice! @ Adam I didn't that thread got so much traction. Good got the future, Organic traffic is worth so so much more long term. Turns out paid traffic is virtually useless, unless it's Android. I love my iPhone but Apple are just far too strict. Scarily this means Android PPC traffic costs about 3x more. Sorry for the useless additional information which isn't that relevant.

UnitPrice.org

Reaction score
Thanks everybody! I just posted it, if you happen to stumble through there today... I went with the title “Price per unit analysis on Amazon listings”. Appreciate the advice!

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Pronouns
he/him
Have you done Product Hunt yet? That could be great for you! Best to prepare that one well with a video and animated icon and get a popular hunter to do it for you (so all their followers get an email notification).

Chris is the most popular Hunter and accepts applications to post yours: Hunt my product!

You can post yourself of course (and I’ve been featured twice doing it myself) but simply because I was impatient. 😋

UnitPrice.org

Reaction score
Have you done Product Hunt yet? That could be great for you! Best to prepare that one well with a video and animated icon and get a popular hunter to do it for you (so all their followers get an email notification).

Chris is the most popular Hunter and accepts applications to post yours: Hunt my product!

You can post yourself of course (and I’ve been featured twice doing it myself) but simply because I was impatient. 😋
I attempted to yesterday, but received exactly zero upvotes... Definitely had better luck with HN!

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Pronouns
he/him
I think you need to have another go on Product Hunt! I don't think they'll mind you deleting and reposting if it was never featured or upvoted. Make sure you use the scheduler to schedule it at midnight PST so you get the whole day and again post here so we can join in early as possible. There's no reason that shouldn't get some good traction! It is way more useful than the loads of junk posted.

Last edited: