Now Live Launched something new and weird -- Mythic Markets

joe_mythic

Local time
01:57

I'm Joe, co-founder & CEO of Mythic Markets -- the investing platform for people who love iconic pop culture assets. We turn vintage comics, collectible cards, fantasy art, e-sports teams and more, into publicly traded stocks.

I've been a long time geek and collector, and my favorite fandoms include Magic: The Gathering (since 1994), Star Trek 🖖, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Game of Thrones (I could tell you the songs and histories of the Seven Kingdoms). Particularly with MTG, I had collected cards since the very beginning, but when my car was stolen, the cards went with it. Today, the cards alone would be worth over $1M, and way too expensive for me to bring back together. 😭

I started Mythic Markets as a way for anybody to invest and, in a way to collect, the high value stuff that's out of reach of most people. There's millions of fans who love these artifacts, and we wanted to bring them closer to them. We're working on a museum space as well, and more!

We just released our latest offering and really appreciate your feedback and help spreading the good word. We've also got some special bonuses when you pick up a few shares for yourself. ==> Sealed 1994 Magic: The Gathering Booster boxes ($27.50/share; 2000 shares; $55k market cap) https://mythicmarkets.com/magic-the-gathering-1994-booster-boxes-mtg-94box

New items are added each month. On deck are a 1962 Amazing Fantasy 15 and Giant Growth original art. Our Alpha Black Lotus recently closed.

Lemme know what you think! If anything, I love just geeking out on this kinda stuff too.

What do you collect, if anything, and why?

Upvote 1

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
08:57
Pronouns
he/him

Interesting concept and great looking site! Although I'm not even elegible outside the US, I think I would feel uncomfortable investing until there was a proven secondary market.

The site does a great job explaining what it is though and looks professional and trustworthy.

joe_mythic

Local time

Thanks Adam! The secondary market is being developed now and facilitated by our broker-dealer. We're excited to share more soon!

Just to clarify, these are 100% SEC-qualified and FINRA-regulated securities, so not blockchain or crypto, or anything like that.

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Local time
05:57
Pronouns
She/Her

I know nothing about buying shares and very little about collectibles (other than ooo shiny) but that site is really really nice! I hope you get some.... is it called business?... from it, it looks professional and clean.

The big wall of text at the bottom is a bit overwhelming, but I totally get it's needed. Can never fully get rid of walls of text!

joe_mythic

Local time

Thanks Sharkie! Unfortunately we have to have that wall o' text for legal reasons, but we'll look into ways to make it less tall. maybe two wide columns to cut the height by half.