Welcome to our inclusive community of web designers, developers and makers.
Creating an account takes less than 30 seconds, start participating right away!
Create account

JoyFreak's article page

JoyFreak

Gaming Forums
Gold Member
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 18:40
Website
www.joyfreak.com
So I am using an add-on for the articles page but I have heavily customised it to fit the theme and look the way it does.

What do you think? Is it user-friendly? Easy to read?

blaq

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 13:40
Well looks great but hey can you do more stadia reviews and share them on Reddit stadia sub.... it could boost your site traffic

Reactions: JoyFreak

JoyFreak

Gaming Forums
Gold Member
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.joyfreak.com
Here are some ideas. But at all it looks good! :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me feedback. I have taken them on board and will make some changes. In regards to that whitespace comment.. that is where google ads are ATM. I am assuming you have adblocker on hence why it's not showing for you?

• Love
Reactions: Gummibeer and blaq

Gummibeer

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 19:40
Website
gummibeer.de
Thank you so much for taking the time to give me feedback. I have taken them on board and will make some changes. In regards to that whitespace comment.. that is where google ads are ATM. I am assuming you have adblocker on hence why it's not showing for you?
Yes I have AdBlock enabled. But you should collapse this space if no ad is in it. Or display one of these kindly asking boxes to disable adblock - which would be fine for me!

• Love

JoyFreak

Gaming Forums
Gold Member
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.joyfreak.com
Yes I have AdBlock enabled. But you should collapse this space if no ad is in it. Or display one of these kindly asking boxes to disable adblock - which would be fine for me!
That is a great idea thank you! I didn't know such thing is possible so I will have to look into how I can do that! If you have an idea then feel free to share :P

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
gummibeer.de
  • Love

Gummibeer

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
gummibeer.de
I have that method working but I'd rather not display any a message if adblocker is enabled and just have the whitespace removed, so trying to figure that out now!
You don't have to fill the whole space with a message. But I believe that ads are your major monetization? If so it's fully acceptable to show a small note to that asks to disable AdBlocker.

JoyFreak

Gaming Forums
Gold Member
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
www.joyfreak.com
You don't have to fill the whole space with a message. But I believe that ads are your major monetization? If so it's fully acceptable to show a small note to that asks to disable AdBlocker.
Well with that website I can only get it to display in one location and that’s usually the top. The bottom doesn’t show and there’s still whitespace so figured just removing the whole lot.

Gummibeer

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
gummibeer.de
Well with that website I can only get it to display in one location and that’s usually the top. The bottom doesn’t show and there’s still whitespace so figured just removing the whole lot.
Have you thought about monetizing your topic itself? Simple links in your articles to the game itself could be easy to integrate and not interruptive.

And what a lot of similar pages do is hosting pages for the games with links to articles, threads on their own page and rating portals and affiliate links to online game shops.

ZillieZephyr

Reaction score
So one thing I recommend is to increase the font size for body copy, increase leading/line-height, and set a max-width for body copy. I recommend making these adjustments

{line height: 1.7em;
font-size:1.6em;}

I also recommend making the padding around article content to be 24px instead of 16px.

I'm not sure the page down, page up, and refresh are worth having, also.