Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

📦 Introducing the Webwide Shop (and plenty more!) [Updates Changelog]

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 05:14
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Hey friends! 👋

Been working hard on a big list of updates for us. Here's what we've got.

New Features
  • The new Webwide shop and credits system (thanks @sfcgeorge for the inspiration!)
    • You will now find a Shop link in the nav where you can find account upgrades, forum styles and IRL rewards to redeem
    • Earn credits for being an active member
    • Send credits or gift shop items to other members
    • Help support the Webwide platform by purchasing credits
    • Enter our weekly credits lottery for your chance to win big
    • Plenty more shop items coming soon so keep your eyes peeled (plus suggestions welcome! What would you like to see?)
    • Our commitment to plant 200 trees has moved from referrals to the credits shop
    • The most active Webwide members will be receiving appropriate credit gifts over the next day or two
  • Events calendar containing both upcoming Webwide activities as well as other general interest events
    • Let me know if you have a suggestion or would like to plan a Webwide activity!
  • Real name profile field (thanks @Gummibeer for the suggestion!)
  • The Webwide digest has now been automated and personalised; it can be turned on on your preferences page
Bug Fixes & Improvements
  • Profile social details now consistently accept full URLs
  • Inline links no longer unfurl in to their SEO titles
  • Link visibility improved on classic dark style
  • Navigation links reduced
  • Sidebar icon on mobiles moved all way to right
  • Various incremental style improvements
  • Various incremental performance improvements
Code of Conduct Updates
Help Wanted
  • Still looking for 2 volunteer forum moderators with at least 100 posts, preferably one in a American timezone and one in a European timezone to cover our most active times
    • This is not a high commitment or difficult position, we're a nice bunch. I am simply looking for some extra sets of eyes to keep blatant rule breaking or spam off the forum. All moderator controls are completely inline and can be actioned as part of your regular activity both on desktop and mobile. Borderline rule breaking or appeals can be temporarily hidden, deferred and discussed in our moderator forum.
In Progress
  • Further ongoing incremental style improvements, particular attention being paid to user experience and general pixel-perfect refinements
    • If there's any styling quirks bothering you or you think can be improved, let me know!
  • The Webwide blog is still underway, after a bit of analysis paralysis on blog platforms
  • My web developer tool directory, Hoard.fyi, with several hundred daily visitors is getting rebranded and updated as part of the Webwide network
  • Improving OpenGraph image generator with bit more variety plus better special character support (including emoji hopefully!)
Hope you enjoy these updates and the more to come! Thank you to each and every member who continues to engage and interact in any capacity.

Support

Creating a platform that helps us all provide value and community to each other is my simple mission with Webwide and as always I am more than happy to dedicate time and resources to its continued development and am committed to keeping Webwide 3rd-party-ad-free. That being said, any additional financial support we can gather will help to pay for promotion and development time to spread that even further. You can upgrade to Gold Membership, buy store credits or 'buy me a coffee' if you are able and you would like to.

Buy me a coffee

Last edited:

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 00:14
Credits
Pronouns
She/Her
Real Name
Shayna
Oooo this is awesome, I love all these changes! And the store is a great idea!

I'll just be over here, mourning the loss of my Unicorn theme, getting used to another more normal theme. 😂

• Sad
Reactions: sfcgeorge

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 05:14
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Thanks everyone!
Yaaay. I don’t know how fish live in trees but I have purchased one of your magical fish trees @Adam. Great cause, love the idea, thanks for the Widecoin credits!
Mangrove trees are great! They have wacky root systems and grow well in water/shorelines so the fishies can shelter in them. They don't climb them, unfortunately.

1588772961609.png

Oooo this is awesome, I love all these changes! And the store is a great idea!

I'll just be over here, mourning the loss of my Unicorn theme, getting used to another more normal theme. 😂
One Unicorn theme gift coming up!
I miss my arcade but the reworked normal dark one is even better.
I will have to spam a lot to get the sticker. 😅
I knowwwww I really want that sticker now!
I hope I can bring the prices down soon! Of course I am funding them myself so those are just based on RedBubble prices. Looking at buying some things in a bit more bulk if we have the interest and I can make them much cheaper. @tom might be able to help us with the stickers? I'll be saving for some Webwide Socks myself. 😉

I'm also looking to add a few more digital rewards perhaps some eBooks etc. that are more easily achievable without being such a power user.

PS. Thank you to the generous mystery person who bought me a 'coffee', will all go to Webwide coffers. 😊