- Local time
- Sep 24, 2019
Hey friends! 👋
Been working hard on a big list of updates for us. Here's what we've got.
- The new Webwide shop and credits system (thanks @sfcgeorge for the inspiration!)
- You will now find a Shop link in the nav where you can find account upgrades, forum styles and IRL rewards to redeem
- Earn credits for being an active member
- Send credits or gift shop items to other members
- Help support the Webwide platform by purchasing credits
- Enter our weekly credits lottery for your chance to win big
- Plenty more shop items coming soon so keep your eyes peeled (plus suggestions welcome! What would you like to see?)
- Our commitment to plant 200 trees has moved from referrals to the credits shop
- The most active Webwide members will be receiving appropriate credit gifts over the next day or two
- Events calendar containing both upcoming Webwide activities as well as other general interest events
- Let me know if you have a suggestion or would like to plan a Webwide activity!
- Real name profile field (thanks @Gummibeer for the suggestion!)
- The Webwide digest has now been automated and personalised; it can be turned on on your preferences page
- Profile social details now consistently accept full URLs
- Inline links no longer unfurl in to their SEO titles
- Link visibility improved on classic dark style
- Navigation links reduced
- Sidebar icon on mobiles moved all way to right
- Various incremental style improvements
- Various incremental performance improvements
- The Code of Conduct has been updated with a 'Forum Etiquette' section
- Still looking for 2 volunteer forum moderators with at least 100 posts, preferably one in a American timezone and one in a European timezone to cover our most active times
- This is not a high commitment or difficult position, we're a nice bunch. I am simply looking for some extra sets of eyes to keep blatant rule breaking or spam off the forum. All moderator controls are completely inline and can be actioned as part of your regular activity both on desktop and mobile. Borderline rule breaking or appeals can be temporarily hidden, deferred and discussed in our moderator forum.
- Further ongoing incremental style improvements, particular attention being paid to user experience and general pixel-perfect refinements
- If there's any styling quirks bothering you or you think can be improved, let me know!
- The Webwide blog is still underway, after a bit of analysis paralysis on blog platforms
- My web developer tool directory, Hoard.fyi, with several hundred daily visitors is getting rebranded and updated as part of the Webwide network
- Improving OpenGraph image generator with bit more variety plus better special character support (including emoji hopefully!)
Creating a platform that helps us all provide value and community to each other is my simple mission with Webwide and as always I am more than happy to dedicate time and resources to its continued development and am committed to keeping Webwide 3rd-party-ad-free. That being said, any additional financial support we can gather will help to pay for promotion and development time to spread that even further. You can upgrade to Gold Membership, buy store credits or 'buy me a coffee' if you are able and you would like to.