Internal section for project presentations (wip/soon to be launched/...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time
14:57

Dear @Adam,

could we possibly have a "members-only" section for project presentations (work in progress or soon to be launched projects mostly)?
Preferably with something like "apply to enter" so not everyone is able to see the projects that will be presented in that section.

There's already one for design critics but some of the projects may not fit into this category.

This is open for discussion, just a thing that came to my mind.

Thank you!

Upvote 1

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

There is one for Design critiques Sub-forum: Members Eyes Only
possibly we could move it to the project showcase and merge these categories? I mean in both cases feedback is wanted and most times it's impossible to rate the code base because it's closed source.

tom

Creator of StickerRun®
Community Team
Local time

Oh and one more thing. Would it be possible to add another prefix to the Project showcase area for project ideas that are still in the creation process. So the idea itself is there but it's nowhere finished or complete. A prefix like "Brainstorming" or something like that?

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
13:57
Pronouns
he/him

I like the idea of being able to share ideas a bit more privately within the community. It would have to be limited only to logged in users rather than a secret sub-club simply because we're trying to break down walls here rather than build them. 😄

I'd like to keep design critiques separate as I think that is quite different to showcase/idea validation (and an important draw for many people).

I'm not sure that projects in the idea stage are right for a showcase category (would prefer for this to be projects with a live page & clear objective at least).

With that in mind, help me out. How would be best to structure something like this do you think? Perhaps a members only 'Thought Bouncer/Idea Validation' forum? Or a directory of members who are happy to be contacted privately to discuss ideas?

Last edited:

Azza

Local time
05:57

Hello,

If I understand the request correctly, may I suggest Simon Sinek's Golden Circle to facilitate feedback for projects in the idea stage?

• What is the purpose (Why)?
  • What is the process (How)?
  • What will be the result (What)?
The why can be used for the subject thread to attract members that have experience or interest in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.