Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

👨🏼‍⚖️ Important Moderation Updates

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 11:43
Website
adgr.dev
Pronouns
he/him
Hi all,

I hope everyone is keeping well at this time (and always!).

Just wanted to touch base on some moderation updates in response to a small increase in rule breaking. Nothing major, just keen to keep people only looking to spam well away. Generally everyone is very well behaved. 😊

Embarrassingly, I only recently noticed that this software does not allow users to view and be notified of their own warnings by default. This has now changed. All users will receive a notification when warned and can view all historic warnings on the 'Warnings' tab of their own profile page. You should check this now to see if you have had any in the past. If you don't see a warnings tab (next to profile posts, about, etc.), you're all good.

All warnings are assigned a certain number of points based on severity and an expiry date if applicable. If your account reaches 12 points or more, you will be banned from participating in the forum until your account drops below this amount again.

Users that are suspected of signing up just to create spam posts, commercial advertising or cause trouble will be banned permanently without warning with the an option to contact us to appeal.

Please remember our Code of Conduct and please let me know if anybody has any feedback on this that you believe would foster a healthier community. I am more than happy for anybody to discuss their own warnings publicly in the meta forum if there are any disagreements on policy.

On that note, I am still on the look out for new moderators. Ideally the user will be already reasonably active here with at least 50 or so posts so that they have a good feel for our community already.

Best wishes!

Adam

Last edited:

Sharkie

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 06:43
Pronouns
She/Her
Either I haven't been on here near as much as I think I am, or you're just very good at shutting down spam, but I haven't noticed anything!

Keep fighting the good fight. ❤

• Cheer
Reactions: Adam