Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
04:25
Pronouns
he/him

Atm it's only possible to embed images by url, but a upload to the forum would be great.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Michael

😎
Local time
03:25

I think it's one of the perks of being a Platinum Member:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-06 at 11.05.05.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-06 at 11.05.05.png
    93 KB · Views: 84

sfcgeorge

Sonic the developer
Gold Member
Local time
Pronouns
He/Him

It works for me so I guess that explains why, didn’t even realise 🙈

adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Currently a Platinum feature to help pay for the storage! I was looking for an image host to recommend to use with the URL inserter. Does anybody have a good suggestion?

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

Currently a Platinum feature to help pay for the storage! I was looking for an image host to recommend to use with the URL inserter. Does anybody have a good suggestion?
I know what blob storage costs in a league of 50-150mb/image because I host a photographer service to transfer images to the customer.
If you only safe JPGs limited in size and ~50-75% quality your storage won't explode in size & costs. It will need >1000 images for one gigabyte which costs less than 1 cent. The traffic is the more expensive part to reduce it I can only recommend Image cache & resize service it's free and speeds up your image delivery.

You could even limit the storage by user and say: 100mb, 500mb, 1gb is free and with premium you get unlimited.
But storage is the cheapest part for apps.

Except of this I prefer Dropbox/gDrive because most image hosting services delete after some time or also want to get paid.

Last edited:

Ilgıt

Local time

@Adam that really depends. My personal choice is AWS S3. However especially without a cache, it could really get out of hand very quickly. Recently I found out about Wasabi but I haven't tried myself.

Looking at their service, it looks like if you use a cache layer, it could be a dirt cheap service. However I must underline again, I have not used it myself.

Last edited:

Ilgıt

Local time

I'd say, CloudFlare if you want to further pull down the costs rather than CloudFront. It is likely free service of CloudFlare would be more than enough.

This being said, if you already use multiple AWS services and/ or rather stick with a single service instead of trying to jump through hoops, CloudFront is the way to go. Costs would be cheaper but it will still cost you. CloudFront is not free and its cost also depends on the "region".

No flat fee might make a budget project harder to estimate especially if you don't have all the data you need.

Last edited:

Solidus

Local time
22:25

You could also integrate a third-party image host directly into the post editor, I've done this with my forum and image host.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
Pronouns
he/him

You could also integrate a third-party image host directly into the post editor, I've done this with my forum and image host.
Those image hosts, like cloudinary, are very expensive. And oversized if you only need storage because they offer all manipulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.