Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

Solved Image upload

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 09:36
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
Currently a Platinum feature to help pay for the storage! I was looking for an image host to recommend to use with the URL inserter. Does anybody have a good suggestion?

Last edited:
Reactions: VickiLanger

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:36
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
Currently a Platinum feature to help pay for the storage! I was looking for an image host to recommend to use with the URL inserter. Does anybody have a good suggestion?
I know what blob storage costs in a league of 50-150mb/image because I host a photographer service to transfer images to the customer.
If you only safe JPGs limited in size and ~50-75% quality your storage won't explode in size & costs. It will need >1000 images for one gigabyte which costs less than 1 cent. The traffic is the more expensive part to reduce it I can only recommend Image cache & resize service it's free and speeds up your image delivery.

You could even limit the storage by user and say: 100mb, 500mb, 1gb is free and with premium you get unlimited.
But storage is the cheapest part for apps.

Except of this I prefer Dropbox/gDrive because most image hosting services delete after some time or also want to get paid.

Last edited:

Ilgıt

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
triplebits.com
Credits
@Adam that really depends. My personal choice is AWS S3. However especially without a cache, it could really get out of hand very quickly. Recently I found out about Wasabi but I haven't tried myself.

Looking at their service, it looks like if you use a cache layer, it could be a dirt cheap service. However I must underline again, I have not used it myself.

Last edited:

Ilgıt

Reaction score
Local Time
Website
triplebits.com
Credits
I'd say, CloudFlare if you want to further pull down the costs rather than CloudFront. It is likely free service of CloudFlare would be more than enough.

This being said, if you already use multiple AWS services and/ or rather stick with a single service instead of trying to jump through hoops, CloudFront is the way to go. Costs would be cheaper but it will still cost you. CloudFront is not free and its cost also depends on the "region".

No flat fee might make a budget project harder to estimate especially if you don't have all the data you need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gummibeer

Solidus

Reaction score
Credits
You could also integrate a third-party image host directly into the post editor, I've done this with my forum and image host.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
You could also integrate a third-party image host directly into the post editor, I've done this with my forum and image host.
Those image hosts, like cloudinary, are very expensive. And oversized if you only need storage because they offer all manipulations.