Webwide is the inclusive forum community for web designers, developers & makers.

Whether you're an enthusiast, in training, or a seasoned pro – you'll fit right in at Webwide. We understand that our community is one of creation which is why we, unlike many other discussion forums, encourage sharing of your own projects and content. Creating a forum account is fast, easy and completely free so you can start participating right away.

Read our Code of Conduct

Free Forum Membership Benefits

• Participate in hundreds of interesting discussions
  • Network with industry peers and make new connections
  • Show off your own projects and relevant content
  • Get help and feedback for your coding and designs
  • Buy and sell services and resources in the marketplace
  • Participate in our friendly community challenges
  • Earn trophies and work your way up our leaderboards
  • Enjoy exclusive Webwide member discounts and offers
  • ...and so much more!

🙋‍♂️Idea: Webwide users online meeting 🔥

State your preference

• Platform: Other (please post)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Time: Other (please post)

• Day: Monday

• Total voters

ReinissB

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 11:32
Credits
It would be cool! Maybe we could all prepare some topics to talk about?

Mike Rees

Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 09:32
Credits
I'd be down for that. Maybe have a theme to help people think about what to talk about. With everyone basically under house arrest at the moment it's a good opportunity to get people across the world in at the same time 😅

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
I would vote for hangouts. Easy, scalable and free.
Good plan! Any other options? I’ll start a poll shortly with times and methods so we can get a consensus. Will be good to have a theme too.

If somebody would like to volunteer to manage this would be more than happy to support.

Last edited:

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 10:32
Website
gummibeer.de
Credits
Real Name
Tom Witkowski
Does Hangouts or Meet allow grid view? (it is the only thing I like from zoom XD).
Hangouts does provide gridview. As I know it's default if all have video enabled or it's a simple setting I did somewhen.
And because it's 100% free forever I think it's a better choice than zoom. And hangouts works without any software/app and is cross-platform.

Reactions: avena and Adam

Sharkie

🦈
Gold Member
Reaction score
Local Time
Today, 04:32
Credits
Pronouns
She/Her
Real Name
Shayna
I third it the working from home! I'm interested to see how you are all doing, and will probably get so jealous. :P

Reactions: avena

Mike Rees

Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Yea I think for the first one introducing each other properly would be pretty cool. And working from home is relevant for sure.

I also don't really care about privacy concerns. I mean, I'm signed up here with my full name and a picture of myself, I think that ship sailed long ago. That said I have no preference on platform, so long as it's decided before the meeting and we can all get set up properly.

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Reaction score
Local Time
Credits
Pronouns
he/him
I've added a poll to the post! I've tried to come up with times that work for the majority of users.

Asian, Oceanian and other more eastern users are a little left out here on account of being early morning but could always rotate times if they become a regular thing and there was demand from users in these locations.

By far the majority of active visitors are from Europe and Americas. Our handful of wonderful African users are served nicely in line with Europe times too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gummibeer and avena