Icon webfont?

Icon webfont?

ek1

Local time
15:29
Pronouns
She/her

I know I know we're supposed to use SVGs now. But for quick mockups where I can't be bothered - does anyone know of an icon webfont? I'm surprised Google Fonts doesn't already have one.

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
19:29
Pronouns
he/him

I've supported font awesome during initial v5 development and stick to the pro version. It supports SVGs, fonts, webfonts and comes with 4 styles plus brand icons. Since v5 I nearly miss no icons. And with purge CSS it's super easy to minify CSS size.

ek1

Local time
15:29
Pronouns
She/her

I've supported font awesome during initial v5 development and stick to the pro version. It supports SVGs, fonts, webfonts and comes with 4 styles plus brand icons. Since v5 I nearly miss no icons. And with purge CSS it's super easy to minify CSS size.

Oo I didn't know fontawesome pro had a webfont! Looking into it now

Gummibeer

Astroneer
Local time
19:29
Pronouns
he/him

PS: super duper awesome powerful SVG styling via webpack and SCSS.

This should make using SVGs as images or wherever they are not stylable super easy. The webpack plugin is in package.json and webpack.mix.js on repo root. Took me a while to make it all work. But now it's so damn powerful! 🤯💙🚀🥳

Adam

Mr. Webwide
Administrator
Local time
18:29
Pronouns
he/him

IcoMoon have a font!

For hoard.fyi, I created my own icon font via Flaticon Collections though I think it may have needed pro membership that I have anyway, I think they also offer it for free (with attribution).

Last edited: